Learning Commons, Technology Center and Library
Computer Use Policy
Although the Harrington Learning Commons, Sobrato Technology Center and Orradre Library building is open to the public, Santa Clara University students, faculty and staff have priority access to all computers to perform academic work.
- Priority is given to Santa Clara University students, faculty and staff.
- Non-SCU individuals must complete a brief registration process at the Library Help Desk before using any computer. A photo ID must be presented to complete registration.
- There is a 2-hour per day time-limit for Non-SCU individuals for "sit down" computers along the wall on the 1st Floor.
- There is a 30 minute time-limit on open lab computers and commons computers for non-SCU individuals when others are waiting.
- These computers may not be used for commercial purposes or in violation of copyright, license agreements, or other Federal / State laws or policies of Santa Clara University.
- There is a 15 minute time-limit on the "stand up" computers along the wall on the 1st Floor when others are waiting.
Policy Effective: November 11, 2014