Situated in the heart of Santa Clara University's campus, the de Saisset Museum is a beautiful and convenient venue to hold a wide range of events. The historic facility showcases various exhibitions and creates a unique setting for meetings, lectures, sit-down dining, receptions, parties, and more.
Quick facts about facility rentals at the de Saisset:
- The Museum's capacity varies depending on the requested event set-up:
- Sit-down dining = 112
- Lecture-style seating = 175
- Standing-only reception = 300 - 450
- The Museum is available to rent Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 11 p.m. (subject to change depending on event length and type).
- The Museum does not typically hold weekend events; however, pending the Museum's calendar, exceptions may be made (call 408.554.4528 to inquire).
- The Museum's auditorium space is equipped with both a nearby kitchen for staging food service and a recently refurbished sound system that is perfect for meetings, lectures, sit-down dining, receptions, parties, etc.
- Food and drink are not permitted in any area of the Museum aside from the auditorium space (some exhibitions shown in the auditorium preclude the consumption of food and beverage in this space).
- During receptions, guests who wish to roam the foyer, galleries, or other areas must discard their food and/or drink upon exiting the auditorium.
- Event customers desiring food service of any kind must work with Santa Clara University's on campus catering company: bon Appetit.
- They can be reached by phone at 408.554.1792 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Museum security personnel (or in some instances, Santa Clara University Campus Safety Services) is mandatory for all events held within the Museum as this is a high-risk, high-security space and must be appropriately monitored.
- Security costs will be reflected in the overall rental fee.
- The current rental fees and any further facility rental information may be obtained by calling 408.554.4528 or e-mailing deSaissetMuseum@scu.edu.