- SCU Business Home
- About LSB
- Exec Education
- News & Events
- Accounting Department Home
- Current Students
- Prospective Students
- Alumni and External Relations
Faculty and Research
- Faculty and Staff
Research workshop series
- Accounting Workshop Series 2004-05
- Accounting Workshop Series 2005-06
- Accounting Workshop Series 2006-07
- Accounting Workshop Series 2007-08
- Accounting Workshop Series 2008-09
- Accounting Workshop Series 2009-10
- Accounting Workshop Series 2010-11
- Accounting Workshop Series 2011-12
- Accounting Workshop Series 2012-13
- Research fellowships and awards
- Intermediate Accounting Textbook
- Center for Accounting Education and Practice (CAEP)
- Contact Us
Jane Ou is an Associate Professor in the Department of Accounting. She received her M.B.A degree from UCLA and Ph.D in Accounting from the University of California, Berkeley. Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Dr. Ou received her B.A. in International Business from National Taiwan University.
Dr. Ou’s research interests are mainly in financial statement analysis and the roles of accounting information in equity valuation. Her research has been published in leading accounting journals such as Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, and Journal of Business, Finance and Accounting. She established her reputation in a series of papers (Ou and Penman 1989a; Ou and Penman 1989b; Ou 1990) that demonstrated the usefulness of financial statement ratios in predicting future performance. The Ou and Penman studies received the AICPA/American Accounting Association Notable Contribution to Accounting Literature Award in 1991.
Dr. Ou’s teaching interests are in financial and managerial accounting. She has received many teaching awards at Santa Clara University since she began teaching at Santa Clara University in 1985.
Dr. Ou and her husband, Ben Lee, live in Fremont. They have two daughters, Katherine and Alison Lee. In her leisure moments, she enjoys classical music, hiking, traveling, gardening, and community service activities.