- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- About The Wellness Center
- BASICS Alcohol Program
- Why don't we do it in our sleeves?
- Health & Wellness Presentations
- Health & Wellness Topics
- Health & Wellness Screenings
- Peer Health Education (PHE) Program
- Violence Prevention Program
- Potty Talk Newsletter
- "Queer Abby" Advice Column
- 12-Step & Support Groups
- Registered Dietitian Services
- Campus Recreation & Fitness Classes
- Medical Amnesty & Good Samaritan Info
- Crisis & Help Line Phone Numbers
- Contact Us
Peer Health Educator Class
Peer Health Educator Class (PHSC 196) Winter 2016 Accepting Applications--Deadline is November 9th, 2015!
What is a Peer Health Educator?
The mission of the Peer Health Education (PHE) Program is to provide an effective peer network to encourage, support, and advance healthful living for all SCU students. As a PHE, you will have the unique opportunity to learn the most current information on a variety of health-related topics including general wellness, eating disorders, body image, nutrition, stress management, alcohol and substance abuse, and healthy relationships. In addition, PHEs will be trained to facilitate interactive presentations, discussions, workshops, and health education events for SCU students within the RLCs, classrooms, and student organizations. PHEs will gain important leadership skills, develop teaching and public speaking skills, and have the opportunity to work with other students and campus staff and faculty. We welcome all SCU students regardless of major or class year, although the PHEs have historically been undergraduate students.
What's in it for me?
Becoming a Peer Health Educator has many rewards, including...
Exciting campus-wide events and awareness campaigns you can help with as a PHE:
The Application Process:1) Peer Health Education (PHSC 196), a 2-unit course that is required for all Peer Health Educators, will be offered Winter Quarter on MW 4:00-5:15. It is a competitive class to get into, so please give care and thought to your application and reasons for wanting to become a PHE.
3) If a student's application is selected for an interview, they will be asked to meet with PHE officers for an interview sometime during the weeks of November 9th or November 16th.
If you need more information, please direct any questions to: