The player can accept YouTube urls, as well as RTMP and conventional http URLs in the "link" field. The video width and aspect ratio can optionally be modified as needed, and you can supply the URL path to a custom preview image.
Flash and HTML5
The media player attempts to detect whether Flash or HTML5 is supported in the viewer's Web browser and is compatible with the video file format, and selects the appropriate version of the player to display. So if your Commonspot page uses the Media Player to display a video in the .mp4, .mov, or .f4v formats, the player will use its Flash version in Web browsers with Flash enabled, and the HTML5 version elsewhere (for example, in Safari on an iPhone or iPad).
Supported Video and Audio formats
The media player can be used for the following video formats:
- H.264 (.mp4, .mov, .f4v) - Can be displayed using Flash and HTML5
- FLV - Flash only
- OGG Theora (.ogv) - HTML5 only
- WebM (.webm) - HTML5 only
The following audio formats are supported:
- MP3 (.mp3) - Can be displayed using Flash and HTML5
- AAC (.aac, .m4a) - Flash and HTML5
- OGG Vorbis (.ogg) - HTML5 only
- WAV (.wav) - HTML5 only