Major in Theatre Arts (Emphasis in Dance)
Students perform and work in all genres of theatre and dance, including technical design and artistic direction.
As a theatre arts major at Santa Clara University, you will work closely with staff mentors and faculty to hone your skills in acting, dance, design, directing, and historical studies. Lectures, studio courses, labs, and productions can prepare you for a career with professional theater and dance companies, film, television, arts administration, or teaching.
Visit the Department of Theatre and Dance website
- Advanced Modern Dance I (146)
- Two additional advanced technique course:
- (140, 141, 142, 145, 147, or 148)
- One of the following dance history/seminar courses:
- African American Dance History (162)
- Women in Dance History (166)
- Either Teaching the Performing Arts (159) or Social Justice and the Arts (189)
- Two Theatre and Dance upper-division (5 unit) electives
Technical Requirement: Active participation is expected of all Theatre and Dance majors and minors in both departmental and student productions. All Theatre and Dance majors are required to complete four units of Production Workshop (THTR 39/139). Minors are required to complete two units. Transfer students are evaluated individually.