Back to Blog
Free online backup, file sync and sharing tools
Box, Dropbox, MozyHome, and ZumoDrive are some of the best, free options for backing up, sharing, and synchronizing your files across multiple computers and devices. Each has at least 1GB of storage and offers paid upgrade options if you need more space.
Organize and view all of your content online in a familiar file and folder structure. Share content with direct links to files and folders, turn any folder into a public webpage in one click and create widgets to share files on a company web page or blog.
- 1GB free of online storage; options to upgrade up to 15GB
- Turn any folder into a shared online workspace and invite others to view, edit, or add their own files.
- Mobile support for the iPad, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and any mobile browser.
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 compatible.
- Learn more about Box here.
Sync your files online and across your computers automatically. Back up your stuff automatically. Shared folders allow several people to collaborate on a set of files, and see their changes instantly.
- 2GB free of online storage; options to upgrade up to 100GB.
- Undelete files and folders.
- Mobile support for the iPad, iPhone, and Android.
- Linux, Mac, and Windows compatible.
- Learn more about Dropbox here.
Use MozyHome to back up all of your important files with high encryption. Mozy automatically detects and backs up new and changed files. Schedule regular backups at specific times.
- 2GB free of online storage; can sign up for $4.95 a month for unlimited storage, plus a 15% discount code from Online Backups Review.
- Multiple restore options including DVD, through the web, and Mozy Virtual Drive.
- You decide how much bandwidth you want dedicated to backups.
- Access to community, knowledge base, and tutorials.
- Mac and Windows compatible.
- Learn more about MozyHome here.
ZumoDrive is a personal content mover that easily gets ALL your content onto any of your devices, including your netbook, tablet and smartphone. Take your music, photos, videos, documents, and other files wherever you go.
- 2GB free of online storage; options to upgrade up to 500GB.
- Quick and easy linking between ZumoDrive ad your computer.
- Import all your music and playlists into iTunes on all your devices.
- Easy photo sharing: integrates with iPhoto, Picasa, and your Pictures folder.
- iPhone and netbook support.
- Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, Mac OS X 10.6, 10.5, and 10.4 compatible.
- Learn more about ZumoDrive here.
Posted by Technology Training
back up, file transfer, general computing, Mac