Back to Blog
Calculating Numbers in a Table in Word
- Leave an empty cell at the end of your row or column to insert your formula.
- Click in the empty cell and go to Table » Formula.
- If the cell you selected is:
- at the bottom of a column of numbers, the formula should read =SUM(ABOVE).
- at the right end of a row of numbers, the formula should read =SUM(LEFT).
- Click OK to insert the formula as a calculated field.
- If you ever change the numbers in the table you can update the calculated field: select the field, then right-click and choose Update Field.
Want to learn more tips for Word 2003? Then sign up for our upcoming Word Tips & Tricks class. This is your last chance to take Word 2003 Tips & Tricks—we'll start teaching Word 2010 classes in the fall.
Posted by Technology Training