Technology Training offers drop-in Open Lab hours and formal hands-on classes, but sometimes all you need is a quick tip. Software Tips & Tricks is a collection of some of the best hints we've discovered to make your computing more productive.
The following postings have been filtered by tag GroupWise and email
. clear filter
Some people have asked if there's a way to synchronize a BlackBerry to GroupWise. IT does offer limited support for the BlackBerry with the subscription of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Departments can purchase licenses for their faculty and staff for $99 per device plus an annual subscription of $40 per device. Find out the details of this service as well as how to sign up at the IT webpage.
For those of you with other mobile devices that need to be synchronized to your GroupWise account, Novell has a GroupWise Mobile Server.
Come by during Open Lab hours on Tuesdays from 1:45-3:45 PM, or Sunday-Thursday from 7-10 PM in the Learning Commons.
You can create a repeating appointment, task, or other item in GroupWise using the AutoDate feature. This can be set for daily, weekly, monthly, annually, or any (non)sequential frequency.
- Start by creating your appointment or item type in GroupWise.
- Add the subject, place, and start time as needed.
- Go to Actions > Auto-Date.
- In the Auto-Date window, you can choose one of three ways to set the repeating date:
- The Example tab allows you to choose the months and days of the week the item will repeat (e.g., Fourth Sunday of every month)
- The Formula tab has a text area where you enter the date to repeat. To use the formula tab, type the date in the Formula Text area (e.g., July 4, Tuesday, etc.).
- The Dates tab allows you to select the exact dates you want by clicking on them.
- Choose the number of occurrences (e.g.; 40 would make it repeat for the next 40 years) or select End from the drop-down menu and select and end date.
- Click OK.
Learn more time-saving GroupWise calendar tips in our Express: GroupWise Calendaring class.
Learn how to set up Apple's Mail client to read and backup your GroupWise messages