- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Social Media Liaisons
The Social Media Sustainability (SMS) Liaison program empowers anyone affiliated with Santa Clara University to implement the University's Strategic Plan by fostering Justice and Sustainability programs throughout the campus and local community. SMS Liaisons model and engage their social networks in sustainable behaviors in order to develop a culture of sustainability among SCU students, faculty, staff, alumni, visitors, and other friends of the University.
Social Media Sustainability (SMS) Liaisons responsibilities
- Attend one 1-hr meeting each month in person (or call/Hangout/Skype in). These meetings are focused on a different sustainability topic each month as well as what is currently trending on social media. Liaisons bring questions and ideas for an engaging discussion. Liaisons take away action items.
- Post Sustainability Selfies: Show your friends what you're doing to live more sustainably.
- Share #Wisdom: Take what you're learning as a liaison and share cool info with your followers.
- Like, share, repost, and retweet @sustainablescu's posts. For example, play our #wanderlustwednesday activity this summer (2014) by taking a picture of your Mission Sustainable SWAG and sharing it on Instagram. Don't have SWAG? Send us a mailing address so you can get started! email@example.com
*Duration: We ask Social Media Liaisons to commit to an academic term.
Benefits of being a Social Media Sustainability (SMS) Liaison
- Receive Sustainability SWAG indicating your role as a SMS Liaison
- Extra support, resources, and early insider scoop from the Center for Sustainability
- Opportunities to learn more about sustainability issues, current and popular social media trends, community-based social marketing, behavior change theory, and more
- A chance to connect and collaborate with students, faculty, and staff members working on sustainability initiatives at SCU
- Resume-building experience