- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
The Neighborhood Sustainability Liaison program empowers Santa Clara University students who live off campus to implement the University's Strategic Plan by fostering Justice and Sustainability programs among off-campus students. Liaisons engage their housemates and neighbors in sustainable behaviors in order to develop a culture of sustainability among students at SCU.
Sign up online now(2013-14 year)
Off-campus students, including grad students, who are living in the SCU neighborhoods and are interested in becoming a Neighborhood Sustainability Liaison are welcome to sign up online.
Neighborhood Sustainability Liaisons responsibilities
- Attend one 1-hr neighborhood social each month.
- These meetings are focused on a different topic each month. Liaisons bring questions and ideas for an engaging discussion and workshop component. Liaisons take away action items.
- Encourage housemates and neighbors to live more sustainably.
- Provide feedback to the Office of Sustainability. Liaisons are a channel for two-way communication between students and the Office of Sustainability. Liaisons bring questions, concerns, and ideas to the Office of Sustainability as well as share new information and upcoming events with their housemates and neighbors.
Duration: we ask Liaisons to commit to an academic year term.
Benefits of being a Neighborhood Sustainability Liaison
- Receive Sustainability SWAG indicating your role as a Neighborhood Sustainability Liaison
- Receive a Sustainability Hotspot badge
- Extra support and resources from the Office of Sustainability
- Opportunities to learn more about sustainability issues, community-based social marketing, behavior change theory, and more
- Neighborhood Sustainability Liaisons will be eligible for the SCU Sustainability Champion award
- Opportunities to connect and collaborate with students, faculty, and staff members working on sustainability initiatives at SCU
- Resume-building experience