This application is for undergraduate, non-degree seeking students from the approved institutions that are part of Santa Clara's Direct Exchange Program and for students participating on the IIE Brazil Science Without Borders Program. Degree-seeking international students who wish to be admitted to Santa Clara University must apply through the Admission Office.
Step 1: Home School Nomination
Exchange students must be nominated by their home institution's study abroad office in order to apply to the Exchange Program at Santa Clara University. Please check with your study abroad office for their nomination or application procedures. Once approved, then you can begin the following steps. Final admission decision will be issued by Santa Clara University based on our admission criteria.
Step 2: Collect Application Materials
Please complete and submit the following application materials to the advisor at your home institution for submission to Santa Clara University.
- Home School Nomination Letter (your home university's exchange staff can include a Cover Letter stating the official list of approved students when sending your application materials)
- SCU Exchange Online Application Form. Please complete this online form as soon as you have received approval from your home institution. Print a copy of the email confirmation that you will receive and include it with your application materials.
- Official Transcript with English translated copy
- Demonstrated English Proficiency - Proof of minimum test score of TOEFL PBT 575; TOEFL CBT 230; TOEFL IBT 90; IELTS 6.5; iTEP 4.5; Pearson 61; or SAT Critical Reading 630.
- DS-2019 Request Form - Completed and signed by student
- Proof of Medical Insurance Form - Completed and signed by student. A copy of your medical insurance policy in English must accompany this form.
- Proof of Funding - Proof of sufficient funding from banks, scholarship, etc. for duration of studies. Please refer to estimated expenses for 2013-2014 as a base for the minimum amount of funds needed; estimated fees for 2014-2015 will be available in April 2014. Estimated Expenses 2013-2014.
- Passport Information - Photocopy of identity / biographical page of your passport
- Transcript Release Form - Please print name clearly. Leave the Santa Clara Student ID# blank as it will be filled in after you have been issued a Santa Clara ID number.
Step 3: Submission & Deadline
- Fall Participation: April 15
- Winter/Spring Participation: October 15
Exchange students must submit their SCU Exchange Application including all supporting visa documents to their home institution's study abroad office for review. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Partner institutions will send the application to:
SCU Study Abroad Office
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053-0292