Share Your Memories!
The International Programs Office invites all returning study abroad students to participate in the Study Abroad Photo Contest. This is a great way for you to share the memories of your global experience with the Santa Clara community and prospective students. The contest is open only to the former study abroad students who have been accepted into the International Ambassadors program.
- Contest Winners 2010 | Finalists
- Contest Winners 2011 - Entries must be received by March 9, 2011; winners announced at Pre-Departure Orientation Day, April 9, 2011.
Prizes - 2011
- Grand Prize - $100 (Barnes & Nobles)
- 5 First Place Winners - $50 (Barnes & Nobles)
- 5 Second Place Winners - $25 (AMC Theaters)
- 5 Third Place Winners - $15 (iTunes)
- Honorable Mentions – No cash prizes will be awarded but their photographs will be prominently displayed as well.
*More prizes may be added as we secure more sponsors.
- Culture: images of local cultural events
- Ambassadors: images of SCU students participating / interacting with the local people
- People: images of interesting people abroad
- Learning: images of students in an academic, research, internship setting
- Places: images of interesting places abroad
How to Enter the Contest
International Ambassadors will be invited to participate in the photo contest and be given the username and password to our Photobucket contest album. To submit your entries, visit www.photobucket.com, login to the SCU Abroad account
- Username: TBA
- Password: TBA
Once you’re logged in, click on the appropriate contest album (e.g. Photo Contest 2011) for the “Upload Images & Videos” page. Follow the instructions on how to submit one photo at a time. For each photo you upload to the album, please make sure you provide the following in the appropriate caption area below the photo.
(Please see the photo of the Mission Church in the album for sample captions)
- Add Title: Write a creative title for your photo.
- Type Description: Write your full name, year graduating, city/country where the photo was taken, and a 1-2 sentences description of the circumstance, event, in the photo.
- Add Tags: Write which Photo Category (see categories above) you are submitting the photo. (e.g. Culture)
By submitting a photo to the SCU Study Abroad Photo Contest, I am certifying that the photo submitted was taken by me or is my property and was taken with my camera. I understand that all photos will become the property of Santa Clara University and may be used in any University marketing projects including but not limited to the University’s website, View Book, publications, for the promotion of study abroad opportunities at Santa Clara University. I give the University permission to use my photos for these and all marketing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to enter the contest? The contest is open only to former study abroad students who are part of the International Ambassadors program at Santa Clara University. Photos must be taken during the specified academic year solicited in the contest year.
How many photos can I submit? You may submit a total of 5 photos in any of the five photo categories (Culture, Ambassadors, People, Learning, Places). You may, for instance, submit 2 photos to Culture and 3 to Places or 1 for each category.
What kind of photos can I submit? Photos can be color or black & white and must be tagged into one of the five photo categories.
- Can I submit photos taken in other countries I traveled to during my study abroad experience? Yes. For example, students studying in London may post a photo taken in Greece during a trip there.
- How will you choose the winners of the contest? A panel of study abroad peer advisors, sponsors, staff, and faculty will select the finalists from each category. Then students who have been approved to study abroad will be invited to vote online for their favorite photos in each category.
- When will the winning photos announced?
Winners will be announced during Pre-Departure Orientation in April and featured during Study Abroad Week in October and on our website.
- How will my photos be used? Submitted photos become the property of Santa Clara University with full rights of display and reproduction. Photos may be used by Santa Clara University to publicize study abroad opportunities in its publications, viewbooks, websites, etc. Most of the photos will be used on the study abroad website with credits to you.
- When is the deadline for submitting photos? All entries must be received by March 15 and winners will be announced at the Pre-Departure Orientation Day on April 9, 2011.
- Where will winners pick up their prizes? Unless specified otherwise, all prizes can be claimed from Vid Raatior at the International Programs Office, 755 Franklin Street.
The Study Abroad Photo Contest is sponsored by the International Programs Office. Other departments on campus and nearby businesses will be asked to co-sponsor the contest by contributing to the prizes. We will list the sponsors here with the appropriate prizes.
For more information, please contact Vidalino Raatior (email@example.com) or by calling the International Programs Office at 408.554.6940.