A. Provide greater support for excellence in and integration of teaching and scholarship.
- Increased proportion of the faculty who are tenure-track.
- Increased proportion of non-tenure-track faculty in full-time positions.
- Increased opportunities for course reductions among research-active tenure-track faculty.
- Increased percentage of classes taught by tenure-track faculty members in strategic areas.
B. Recruit and retain a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
- Diversity of faculty and staff, especially of sex, race, and ethnicity.
- Diversity of the student body, especially low-income students, students of color, first-generation undergraduate and graduate students, and international students.
- Academic profile of incoming undergraduate and graduate students.
- Demonstrated interest among admitted students in an education for competence, conscience, and compassion as evidenced in prior activities and applications.
C. Add and upgrade facilities to support learning, scholarship, and community.
- Classrooms, laboratories, and other facilities as defined in the Master Plan.
D. Advance our ability to assess student learning and programs in ways that are manageable and used systematically to improve learning in the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Evidence of enhanced student learning and program improvement based on assessment data.
- Feedback from faculty, staff, and administrators on the manageability and usefulness of assessment and program review.
E. Strengthen the University’s shared governance structure and processes.
- Feedback from faculty, staff, and administrators on the effectiveness of shared governance, including participation, communication, efficiency, and outcomes.
F. Increase integration of strategic planning, program review, budgeting, facilities master planning, and capital campaign planning.
- Alignment of University budget and capital campaign with goals identified in strategic plan, departmental program reviews, and facilities master plan.
- Alignment of departmental goals reported in program review self-studies with evidence obtained through assessment of student learning.