Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) is a leading regional home improvement retailer operating more than 70 full-service hardware and garden stores located throughout California and Oregon. Orchard stores offer a comprehensive selection of hardware, lawn and garden, and specialty products. Headquartered in San Jose, California, the company has a rich heritage and was founded in 1931 as a farmers' cooperative in the Santa Clara Valley offering supplies to local growers. Over subsequent years, the company focused on the retail customer and the do it yourself customer. We became known for offering a strong in-stock availability, high customer service, and a broad assortment of products.
In September 2013, the Lowe’s Corporation acquired Orchard. The plan identified by Lowes is to use Orchard as a means to expand in California and the West Coast with the Orchard store format, which is a smaller box, known for its service and in-stock product availability. Lowe’s will operate the business as a stand-alone entity which will continue to be based in San Jose, California.
The Visual Merchant is responsible for development, communication and auditing execution of in-store merchandise presentation. The role partners directly with the Merchandising, Marketing and Store Planning teams to accomplish business objectives and to ensure execution of top-notch merchandise presentation and display with the ultimate goal of driving sales.
• Works with category Merchant to develop visual strategies for merchandise presentation including fixture design, signage and overall merchandising direction
• Defines, prepares and delivers strategic direction for all fixtures, signage and merchandising strategies for execution of materials
• Works with category Merchant and global sourcing to identify all packaging needs
• Coordinates with vendors to achieve brand standards and presentation support for stores fixtures, graphics, displayers, props, etc.
• Presents design concepts and inspirations for store fixtures, seasonal props, etc.
• Responsible for forecasting and follow up to ensure budget requirements
• Prepare merchandise display(s) in Lab and lead floor set walk-throughs including signage, packaging, etc.
• Attend all category reset meetings and relevant planning meetings
• Document meeting outcomes in the form of approvals, revisions, action items, etc.
• Develops and produces the Visual Directive (including photographing, preparing instructions, working with Merchant on sku details, etc)
• Prepares written visual merchandising direction of changes and substitutions
• Walk and audit merchandising presentations in stores on a monthly basis with Merchant/Store Team
• Partner with Project Manager to manage and communication all timelines and dates to ensure visual production processes are met
• Develop consistent visual standards which outline merchandising guidelines, signage, fixture design process, and floor plan templates for various store formats
• Regularly audit execution and provide feedback to ensure visual standards are executed and maintained
• Partners with Marketing to ensure the creative and brand standards are consistently presented in stores
• Work with the merchandising team to present merchandise in the most creative, brand appropriate, and financially responsible manner
• Provide direction to produce plan-o-grams for resets, display directives , seasonal campaigns, etc
• Prepares and delivers all signage, décor, and specialty fixture needed for new and remodeled stores
• Perform misc business and role related tasks, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Merchandising, Industrial Design, Architecture, Store Planning, or related field preferred
• 3 – 5 years of retail experience, with concentration in visual merchandising
• Self-reliant, self-motivated, and has the ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines with little supervision
• Highly organized, process-oriented, and strong time-management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of management
• Project planning, management, and organizational abilities
• Idea-driven, takes initiative and a creative problem solver
• Positive, constructive, and open to give and receive feedback
• Ability to build strong working relationships and collaborate with others
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office software
• Auto CAD knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of photography and ability to use a digital camera/smart-phone
• Able to physically set up product and visual merchandising displays, move fixtures, and use common household tools
Interested applicants should contact Hayley Redburn via email for instructions on how to apply. firstname.lastname@example.org