- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- Core Curriculum
- Core Curriculum Guide
- Learning Objectives & Course Guidelines
- Learning Goals and Structure
- Experiential Learning for Social Justice
- 2003 - 2008 University Core Curriculum
- University Requirements
- College & School Requirements
Pathway Essay Submissions
In addition to using your e-campus account to declare a Pathway, all students will now use e-Campus to submit their Pathway materials (essay and supporting assignments) for evaluation.
In short, the steps for completing the Pathway requirement at SCU are very simple:
• Use e-Campus to declare or change a Pathway (http://www.scu.edu/studentrecords/Frequently-Asked-Questions.cfm#declarepathway) (http://www.scu.edu/studentrecords/Frequently-Asked-Questions.cfm#changepathway)
• Go to the Pathway website (http://www.scu.edu/provost/ugst/core2009/pathways.cfm) to access a copy of the Pathway reflection essay prompt, Tips for Students, and the rubric that will be used to evaluate your essay.
• Write your Pathway reflection essay and identify the assignments you’ll use as supporting materials.
• Use e-Campus to submit your Pathway reflection essay and supporting materials.
• After submission, you’ll receive email notification of whether you have passed the Pathway requirement or must resubmit your essay. (You would use e-Campus for resubmission as well.)
A deadline has been set for submission of Pathway essays and supporting materials every quarter. In order to have your work considered for evaluation in a given quarter, you must submit by the following dates:
Fall Quarter submissions: Due October 22, 2012
Winter Quarter submissions: Due January 28, 2013
Spring Quarter submissions: Due April 22, 2013
Work submitted after these deadlines will be considered the following quarter.
Whether you have declared a Pathway or not, remember to save your coursework related to any Pathway course you take. We recommend using Dropbox, in addition to your own computer or thumb drives, as a secure place to save copies of your work. To sign up for a Dropbox account, go to https://www.dropbox.com/. Freshmen and sophomores may also wish to save their coursework in the TaskStream ePortfolio system (TaskStream allows students to create ePortfolios of their work to share with others. For more information on this, go to www.scu.edu/eportfolio. ) Some students have been saving their work in Camino Pathway groups—you may continue to do this. Beginning September 28, 2012, however, all SCU students will use e-campus to submit their work for evaluation.