Pathway Reflection Essay Submissions
Reflection Essay Instructions | Grading Rubric | Tips For Students | Learning Goals & Objectives
In addition to using your e-campus account to declare a Pathway, all students will now use e-Campus to submit their Pathway materials (essay and supporting assignments) for evaluation.
On your e-Campus account you’ll see a link to the Pathway Submission process. Once you have completed your Pathways courses and completed 100 units, you will be eligible to submit your reflection essay and supporting assignments through this system. Since the system is linked with your e-Campus ID, the submission system will already have information about the Pathway in which you’ve enrolled and the courses you’ve taken for that Pathway. All you have to do is upload your Reflection Essay and the supporting class assignments. If necessary, you will be able to submit information about additional courses in the Pathway.
In short, the steps for completing the Pathway requirement at SCU are very simple:
• Use e-Campus to declare (http://www.scu.edu/studentrecords/Frequently-Asked-Questions.cfm#declarepathway
) or change a Pathway(http://www.scu.edu/studentrecords/Frequently-Asked-Questions.cfm#changepathway
• Go to the Pathway website to access a copy of the Pathway reflection essay prompt, Tips for Students, and the rubric that will be used to evaluate your essay.
• Visit the HUB Writing Center for help planning your essay.
• Write your Pathway reflection essay and identify the assignments you’ll use as supporting materials.
• Visit the HUB Writing Center for help revising your essay; aim to have the essay represent your achievements as a Santa Clara graduate.
• Use e-Campus to submit your Pathway reflection essay and supporting materials.
• After submission, you’ll receive email notification of whether you have passed the Pathway requirement or must resubmit your essay. (You would use e-Campus for resubmission as well.)
A deadline has been set for submission of Pathway essays and supporting materials every quarter. In order to have your work considered for evaluation in a given quarter, you must submit by the following dates:
Fall Quarter submissions: Due October 11, 2013 (December Graduates)
Winter Quarter submissions: Due January 24, 2014 (March Graduates)
Spring Quarter submissions: Due February 21, 2014 (June Graduates)
Summer Quarter submissions: Due April 25, 2014 (September Graduates)
Work submitted after these deadlines will be considered the following quarter. Please consult the Registrar's website for graduation petition deadlines.
Whether you have declared a Pathway or not, remember to save your coursework related to any Pathway course you take. We recommend using Dropbox, in addition to your own computer or thumb drives, as a secure place to save copies of your work. To sign up for a Dropbox account, go to https://www.dropbox.com/.
What happens if I was enrolled in a Camino Pathway group?
Some students were enrolled in Camino Pathway groups during 2011-12. You can continue to use your Camino Pathway group as a place to save your coursework. However, you will now submit your work through the e-Campus Pathway Submission system. You may disregard any previous instructions about submitting through Camino.
Garrison Dyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jeremy Wang (email@example.com) are Pathways advisers in the Drahmann Center. You can reach them in the Drahmann Center at 408-554-4318.
We also recommend you talk with your academic adviser about your selection of a Pathway and other questions you may have.
Where can I get support for writing my Pathway Reflection essay?
The Hub has writing partners who will review drafts of Pathway essays or talk with you as you’re getting started.