Parking at SCU
For complete, up-to-date information on campus regulations and the campus parking plan, visit the Campus Safety website at www.scu.edu/cs
To park on campus or on University-owned property every vehicle must have a valid parking permit visibly displayed between the hours of 6 am and 8 pm, Monday through Friday. A permit is not required on Saturday, Sunday and University holidays.
The Osher Office, Loyola Hall 160 does NOT sell permits.
SCU Main Gate and Daily Permits
Daily permits are available at the main gate kiosk at Palm Drive and El Camino Real. The SCU gate is clearly marked by the overhead white on green street sign, opposite the Santa Clara Transit Center/Caltrain Station.
- If you are attending an OLLI class, you must purchase a daily pass and pay $ 3.00 for each visit, which is half the price for the day-use permit. Tell the officer at the gate you are attending an Osher class. Please remember to hang the permit from your rear view mirror, with the date and time visible through the windshield.
- Osher parking permits entitle you to park in any commuter student parking stall which requires an "E" permit.
- If you are attending a complimentary event on campus (i.e., Music at Noon) you can request a two hour guest permit free of charge.
Campus Safety Office
Permits for the quarter are available for purchase at the Campus Safety Services (CSS) Office for $50 (half-price of regular fee). The CSS Office is located on the ground floor of the Parking Structure at the Main Entrance of campus. CSS accepts cash, personal checks, Visa or Mastercard for this purchase.
Osher parking permits entitle you to park in any commuter student parking stalls, which require an "E" Permit.
You may park on campus in the following lots:
- 2nd and 3rd floors of the Parking Structure,
- Third Mission Lot,
- Leavey Lot
- Loyola Hall Lot.
See the campus map for further information at http://scu.edu/map/
- Display your permit properly so that it is visible from outside your vehicle.
- Failure to display a valid permit will result in a citation, with a $50 fine.
- Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee the availability of parking spaces in any particular lots of campus areas.
The Osher office (Loyola 160) does NOT sell permits.
NOTE: If you exit the Loyola Hall parking lot at the intersection of the Alameda and El Camino Real, you must yield to oncoming traffic. You are leaving a private lot and opposing traffic has the right of way.
- The Osher office cannot help you resolve any ticket issues or parking infractions. You must take up any matters with campus safety.
More Options for Campus Parking
- Invite friends to join OLLI with you and carpool together
- Ride your bike. Racks are available throughout the campus. Bring your own lock. Check the SCU Website. Search "bicycles".
- VTA: 408-321-2300 or www.vta.org
- Caltrain: The Santa Clara station is opposite the front campus entrance. 800-660-4287 or www.caltrain.org
- Outreach Senior Transit: 408-436-2865 or www.outreach1.org