How Do I Find Books?
- Search our catalog: OSCAR
- OSCAR is Santa Clara University's online catalog. You can use it to search for books by title, author, subject, or keyword. Books, periodicals, and other items you find in OSCAR are located either in the Library, online through our website, or in the Automated Retrieval System (ARS). You can request materials in the ARS directly from OSCAR and they will be delivered to the Circulation Desk for you to pick them up.
- Search other library catalogs: LINK+
- LINK+ is an online catalog that combines the collections of over 40 academic and public libraries in California and Nevada. You can search the LINK+ catalog directly, or you can search OSCAR first and then carry your search forward into LINK+ by clicking the Search LINK+ button on the right of the search results screen. Books you find in LINK+ that are marked as "available" can be requested online and are delivered to the Library free of charge*, usually within 2 to 4 days. More information on LINK+ is available on our LINK+ FAQ page.
- Want to broaden your search? Check WorldCat
- WorldCat is an online catalog of over 1.3 billion items in more than 10,000 libraries worldwide. WorldCat is a great place to go if you want to do a really comprehensive book search. If you find a book here that you want, and it isn't in OSCAR or LINK+, then you can request it through Interlibrary Loan.
- Can't find it in OSCAR or LINK+? Request it through Interlibrary Loan
- If the Library does not own the book you seek and it is not available through LINK+, the Interlibrary Loan team will borrow it from another library for you. You will be notified via e-mail when the book arrives, and you can pick it up at the Circulation Desk. This service is easy to use, and best of all, it's free*. Just fill out the online request form with as much information as you have about the book. Books requested through interlibrary loan usually arrive within 10-14 days. Interlibrary Loan staff will keep you informed regarding the status of your request.
- Need more help? Ask a librarian
- Ask a Librarian is our 24/7 research support service*. We have librarians available around the clock to help you find books and other library materials. Visit the Ask a Librarian page to view the five different ways you can get library-related help from a pro!
* LINK+, Interlibrary Loan, and Ask A Librarian are services offered to current Santa Clara University students, faculty, and staff only.
Page created November 2, 2006.
Page last updated November 7, 2011.