Food For Fines - Spring 2009
From May 18 - June 11, 2009, students, faculty, and staff can help the hungry and reduce their Library fines at the same time with Food For Fines. For each can of food you donate we will waive $2 off your fines. Of course, you don't need to have fines to donate food!
Collection barrels are located at the Circulation Desk on the first floor.
The most-needed items:
- Powdered Milk
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Meats
- Low-Sugar Cereal
- Meals in a Can (Stew, Chili, Soup)
- 100% Fruit Juices in single serving boxes
- Canned Foods with Pop-Top Lids.
All contributions will be donated to the Second Harvest Food Bank. We sure would love to see our 10 barrels filled to the rim, so that folks can enjoy a good holiday dinner. With your help, we can do it!
- The overdue materials and food donations must be presented at the Circulation Desk at the same time in order for your donation to count as a payment.
- Food for Fines does not apply to billed accounts and cannot be used to pay for lost materials.
- Food items whose expiration date has passed will not be accepted.
If you have questions, or want more information, please contact Marian Fricano.