Change Early and Often!
Passwords are the first line of defense protecting your privacy.
- For students--you have access to systems at SCU that store your grades, class schedules, and financial information that can be used by criminals to steal your identity.
- For faculty and staff--you have access to systems that store information about you that can be used to commit identity theft AND information about students that must be protected by state and federal law.
Protect your personal information and the personal information of those we serve by setting strong passwords and changing them frequently according to the following guidelines.
- Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and include a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols
- Passwords should not contain names or permutations of personal data such as social security numbers, dates of birth, etc.
- Default passwords must be changed on a user’s first login.
- The Information Security Office recommends that passwords be changed at least every 90 days
If you would like help with your SCU account ID's and passwords:
- Students: call x5050 (408-554-5050) or visit the Student IT Services Center on the first floor of the Learning Commons.
- Faculty or Staff: call Field Support x5700 (408-554-5700) or visit the Faculty/Staff IT Services Center on the third floor of the Learning Commons.