Santa Clara University

Human Resorces

Student Information

Below, you can find information for students looking to get hired for an on-campus job.

Finding a job on campus
  1. To access all on-campus jobs, log in to BroncoLink – the Career Center’s online job posting system.
  2. The BroncoLink log-in box is on the left right side of this page.
  3. Your Username is your Access Card Number. Your password was sent to your SCU email address when you became a student at Santa Clara. Be sure that you type in your password. DO NOT CUT AND PASTE.
  4. If you cannot locate your password, click the “Forgot Your Password” tab and another will be emailed to your SCU email address.
  5. If you are having trouble logging onto BroncoLink, please call the Career Center at 408.554.4421.
  6. The on-campus job link is posted on the homepage of BroncoLink.
  7. Once you are in BroncoLink, be sure to complete your full profile. You may also change your password.

Be sure to also ask your network of friends, classmates and professors about jobs on campus. Just as in the real world, news of job openings spread by word of mouth. Santa Clara students work in almost every department on campus.

Note: Student employees must work no more than 19 hours per week on campus during the academic year.

Hiring process for students
  1. Login to BroncoLink to search for jobs.
  2. Apply to department via application instructions on job description.
  3. If selected, attend an interview. Need some interview tips?
  4. If you are selected for a position and have not worked at Santa Clara, go to the Student Employment Office to complete the necessary forms.  These are the I-9, W-4, and direct deposit forms.
  5. Your hiring department will complete the Student Employment Action Request Form (SEAR).
  6. Record your hours in your electronic account on eCampus. Click here for the time sheet due date schedule »
  7. Receive your pay check on pay day. If you do not have direct deposit, your check is mailed to your eCampus mailing address. Click here for the pay day schedule »

Note: As a student employee you must work less than 19 hours per week during the academic year.

See Also
Getting paid

If you didn’t get paid, did you do the following?

  1. Did your supervisor email your SEA form to the Student Employment Office?
  2. If you have not previously worked on campus, did you complete the forms including the I-9, W-4, and direct deposit forms and submit them to the Student Employment Office?
  3. Did you enter your hours correctly in your electronic timesheet on eCampus? Were your hours approved by your supervisor? Were these tasks completed on time?
  4. If you don’t have direct deposit, did you check eCampus to see where your check was mailed? We use your eCampus mailing address for check mailing purposes.
  5. If you answer yes to all of these questions, please contact the Student Employment Office at
Work Study

You may have a Federal Work Study (FWS) award as part of your financial aid package. To see if you are eligible for Work Study, login to eCampus and select the Financial Aid link. From there you can accept/view your aid package.

If you do not currently have a FWS award, you may still be eligible. You should contact Financial Aid at 554-4505 to ask whether you are eligible.

If you have a Work Study award, you are not guaranteed a position on campus. You must search for, apply, and start an on-campus position in order to earn your award.

To use your FWS eligibility, follow these steps:

Not just a J.O.B.

Besides a paycheck, here are just a few of the other benefits you may receive from on-campus employment:

Tax information for students

Student employment wages are subject to applicable federal and state income taxes. Student wages are exempt from Social Security, Medicare, and State Disability Insurance tax (FICA) during academic terms. During academic breaks lasting longer than five weeks (summer break), student employees must pay the employee portion of the FICA taxes. Any student employee registered less than full time at the University may be subject to Social Security and Medicare tax withholdings.

Certain tax exemptions may apply to international students.

Work related injuries and illnesses



Upcoming Events

Full Calendar »

Forgot Your Password?

© 2014 Santa Clara University | Contact Us
500 El Camino Real Santa Clara, California 95053-0850 | (408) 554-4392