- Allocate budget for student wages and select budget distribution string.
- Develop job description and select pay range for the position.
- Complete Advertise Open Position Form on Student Employment website.
- Receive applications via online application, resumes via email, walk-in or other means.
- Process applications and select students to interview.
- Conduct interviews via in-person interview or phone interview.
- Choose students for the positions and make the offers.
- Reply to applicants who were not selected to thank them for applying and let them know that the positions have been filled.
- Complete the SEA form and submit it via email to email@example.com. One SEA is needed for each student that is hired.
- If your new hire has never worked for the University, instruct the student to visit the Student Employment Office to complete I9 and W4 forms BEFORE they begin working.
- Ensure that all new hires complete the mandatory safety training online. Contact Sean Collins in the EHS Department with any questions regarding the safety training.