- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
Santa Clara University is committed to providing the best user experience for individuals applying to our open job postings.As part of this commitment, we are rolling out a new Online Recruitment System, where you will be able to better research open jobs and apply to them online.The new system will be available on or about March 24, 2014.
If you have already submitted an application to an open job posting, your application will remain active until the position is filled.After March 24, 2014, if you would like to apply to another job posting or multiple postings, you may do so using the Online Recruitment System.Here, you will create an account.Please note that, by creating an account and filling out your first application on the Online Recruitment System, your personal and professional information will be stored for future applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to bring your profile current.Should you have any questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources, Santa Clara University, at 408-554-4392 or send your questions to Department of Human Resources.
PeopleSoft System Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Requisition Number (please reference): 1001401
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California's Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master's universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California's oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
This is a full-time permanent position to support the implementations, upgrades and maintenance of PeopleSoft related system software at Santa Clara University.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support PeopleTools and PeopleSoft application implementations, upgrades, and maintenance
- Perform system administration duties related to the PeopleTools environment
II. Specific Responsiblities (Representative examples of tasks or projects related to the essential duties listed above):
- PeopleTools duties
1) Monitor PeopleSoft and industry trends for PeopleTools
2) Perform impact analysis and implementations for major and minor PeopleTools and application upgrades
3) Perform PeopleTools-related setup of PeopleSoft servers and Windows web servers, application servers, report servers, and file servers
4) Monitor and tune system performance for the PeopleTools environment
5) Perform problem resolution as needed. This may involve after hours and/or remote support
6) Report problems to, and work with, Oracle to resolve problems as needed
7) Maintain written standards for PeopleTools usage
- Related system administration duties
1) Install and/or upgrade WebLogic software on web servers
2) Install and/or upgrade BEA Tuxedo on application servers
3) Use Change Assistant to apply maintenance to PeopleSoft applications (Student, HR and Financials)
4) Help support new PeopleSoft application initiatives such as PeopleSoft Portal and PeopleSoft Reporting Data Marts
5) Maintain and modify Visual Basic scripts for handling multiple databases on Windows clients
6) Maintain and modify Linux scripts for multiple PeopleTools environment
7) Handle problem determination reports from Service Desk and users
8) Perform security-related duties, such as web server certificate setups and security for Windows shares setups
9) Explore new technologies such as Virtualization and Oracle Fusion middleware
10) The position requires some off hours system support and maintenance duties
III. Minimum Qualifications
- 3 years minimum experience in Internet and/or client/server computing environments
1) Conceptual understanding of Internet and client/server computing environments
2) Intermediate to advanced knowledge of PeopleTools and the PIA, especially for PeopleTools 8.5
3) Knowledge of web servers, application servers (especially using BEA Tuxedo), report servers, database servers, file servers (especially Novell), and LDAP directory servers
4) Working knowledge of browser clients and Windows 2008 Server and Workstation
5) Working knowledge of Linux and shell scripts
6) Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
7) Experience in using various programming languages, such as HTML, XML, and VB Script
8) Knowledge of PeopleSoft applications HCM, FSCM, Campus Solutions and Enterprise Portal, is desirable
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
2) Meticulous and accurate working methods
3) Quick learner with good problem solving skills
4) Self-motivated and able to work with moderate to minimal supervision
5) Ability to work in a collaborative environment
6) Ability to work effectively under pressure
Job Application Process
View All Staff Opportunities
View All Faculty Opportunities
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.