Santa Clara University

Human Resorces

Frequently Asked Questions

If I am an internal candidate, how do I apply to another position?

Go to the Careers page and forward your resume to the position for which you are applying. Print out an Internal Transfer form (PDF 94KB), fill it out and send it to Human Resources.

Where can I find the Staff Policy Manual and the Student Employment Guide?
How do I hire a student worker?
  1. Submit job posting online on Bronco Track through the Student Employment page
  2. Employer will contact students after resumes are received off of Bronco Track
  3. Have the student fill out their portion of the SEA form (PDF 79KB) online and forward it to the employer
  4. Upon completion the employer forwards the SEA form to Liz Mireles ( in Human Resources
  5. Student fills out I-9 and W-4 at Human Resources
  6. Student may begin working, logging hours on a time sheet

The SEA form may not display properly in certain browsers. If you are having trouble viewing the form properly through your browser please download it and open it using Adobe Reader.

Where can I find payroll forms such as timesheets, direct deposit forms, I-9s and W-4s?
How do I receive my paycheck?

Paychecks can be picked up at the Human Resources Service Desk on pay day and up to two days afterwards. After 3 days paychecks will be mailed to the employee's mailing address listed on the paycheck. For those that are enrolled in direct deposit, the checks are deposited on pay day and advises are immediately mailed to the employee's mailing address. Employees can also check their pay check data on e-campus. Go to Ecampus and login using your e-campus login and password. Once you have accessed e-campus click on HR Self-Service. You can then select Payroll Information to view your paycheck, voluntary deductions, leave accruals and direct deposit information.

Where can I find a holiday schedule?
Where can I find coverage information for the medical and dental plans provided by SCU?

All benefits coverage outlines can be found on the Benefits page. For information regarding medical and dental coverage, please see the Medical and Dental section. All coverage information for Blue Cross, Kaiser, VSP and Delta Dental is listed.

Where can I look up information pertaining to the 401(a) and 403(b) plans?
Where can I find benefit enrollment and change forms?
How do I sign up for a professional development workshop?

Go to the Workshops Calendar to see what workshops are being offered and where you should RSVP to.

How do I access HR Self Service?

You can access HR Self-Service through the eCampus login page. In eCampus, click on the HR Self-Service link on the left hand navigation.

How do I view/edit my personal information using HR Self-Service?

Instructions to view/edit your personal information are available in the PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service Applications Guide (PDF 397KB)

I forgot my password for HR Self Service, how do I set up a new one?

If you forget your password you can use the forgotten password function at the eCampus login page to reset your own password. This requires you to know your user ID, as well as the question and response that is set up in your General Profile Information. To use the forgotten password function, click on the Forgot your password link on the eCampus login page. Contact IT at x5700 for further assistance.

I have questions regarding my personal information. Who do I contact?

Contact the Human Resources Sevice Desk at x4392.

© 2014 Santa Clara University | Contact Us
500 El Camino Real Santa Clara, California 95053-0850 | (408) 554-4392