- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
We are pleased that you are interested in participating in the Neighborhood Representative selection process for the academic year 2012-2013. We are looking for qualified candidates from various backgrounds, cultures, and lifestyles with the intention of selecting individuals that can meet the needs of a diverse student population and have an interest in working with junior and senior students.
Below you will find information about the selection process and all that you need to apply for the Neighborhood Representative position. While striving to hire the most qualified candidates, we also hope this will be an educational opportunity for you to gain more knowledge about Residence Life, the position, and yourself. Completed applications are due by Wednesday, January 25th 2012 at noon.
Overview of Applicant Requirements:
1. Review Neighborhood Representative Job Description for information on application qualifications, job responsibilities, conditions of employment, and compensation. Please note this will be a new position and we are currently awaiting, and anticipating, university approval.
2. Attend one of the Selection Information Sessions listed below. Those who attend will have the opportunity to learn more about the position as well as other leadership opportunities on campus. Attendance is encouraged but optional. All applicants are welcome to attend any of the below sessions based on your availability.
3. Complete the online application for student leaders, composed of the below sections, at: http://www.scu.edu/survey/?s=619.
4. Participate in Group Process Session – a group interview/experience that will take place on Saturday, January 28, 2012 between 1pm – 3pm in the Multipurpose Room, University Villas, Building 7. After you have submitted your application, you will receive more information including the location and specific time you should arrive, but please put this date and time on your calendar now as it is MANDATORY.
5. Complete individual interviews with the Interview Team, if invited. After the Group Process Session, candidates will be contacted to attend additional interviews as requested and scheduled by the Campbell Interview Team. These interviews may take place anytime between January 30th and February 27th 2012. Be sure to check your SCU email frequently, as this is most likely how you will be contacted. Not all candidates will get individual interviews; your guaranteed interview is the Group Process Session.
6. Candidate Notification Letters will be available on Friday, March 2nd at the Office of Housing Residence Life beginning at 12PM, noon. In an effort to keep you informed about our process, if you are not offered an individual interview, you may receive an email before that time indicating you are no longer being considered as an NR candidate.
All aspects of the application must be complete in order to be considered for the Neighborhood Representative position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The online application is due Wednesday, January 25, 2012 by NOON. Any part of the applications submitted after 12PM on January 25th may not be accepted. In addition, please note that all applicants must have a GPA of 2.50 or above at the time of application.
Important Dates and Timeline:
January 24th Online applications must be submitted by NOON!
January 29th Group Process Sessions, 9:00am - 12:15pm
February 1st – February 16th Interviews, by invite only.
February 16th Notification Letters are available at 12 pm in the HRL Office.
February 18th Acceptance Forms and Contracts with signatures are due by 5pm.
Thank you again for your interest. The Neighborhood Representative position is an exciting and challenging opportunity, as well as a great way to gain new experiences and develop your leadership and interpersonal skills. If you have any questions regarding the position or the process, please contact Kyle Medley at (408) 554-5341 firstname.lastname@example.org, Brandon Brackett at (408) 554-4682 email@example.com, or Marci Walton at (408) 554-5153 firstname.lastname@example.org.