Santa Clara University


Admissions FAQ

How do I check the status of my application?

Using the ecampus ID# and password provided when your application was submitted, your status may be checked online at

Can I defer my application?

Yes, if you are unable to furnish all of the required materials by an application deadline, please send an email to and specify which quarter you wish to defer to.

Are you on a quarter or semester system?

The Engineering Graduate Programs are on a quarter system:

Fall: September thru December
Winter: January thru March
Spring: April thru June
Summer Session I (10 weeks): June thru August
Summer Session II (5 weeks): June thru July
Summer Session III (5 weeks): July thru August

When are your classes held?

Classes meet at the following convenient times:

  • 7:10 a.m. - 9 a.m.
  • 5:10 p.m. - 7 p.m.
  • 7:10 p.m. - 9 p.m.
  • Saturdays
  • Sundays
Do you have any financial aid?

Most of our students pay their own tuition, either through company tuition reimbursement or self support.

  • U.S. students who would like to apply for an educational loan, federal grant, work study, or a Cal Grant, please contact the Financial Aid Office. That office will guide you through the application process. The Financial Aid Office is located on the second floor at Varsi Hall, and their website is
  • International students: International students are not eligible for federal funded financial aid support, such as loans, grants, and work studies. Full-time study for international students means 8 units or more during the academic year except summer. The School of Engineering generally does not offer any research or teaching assistantships to M.S. students.
What supporting documents do I need to apply for the F-1 student visa or transfer my F-1 from another U.S. ins

The I-20 form from Santa Clara University will only be processed and issued after you have been admitted to a degree program and you have promptly submitted all of the following documents.

  1. I-20 Request Form
  2. Official financial documents (statements from checking or savings accounts, 401K, stock accounts accepted) no more than 90 days. 
  3. Affidavit of Support (if someone other than yourself will be supporting all or a portion of your education expenses)
  4. Transfer Clearance Form (if you are currently holding an I-20 from another institution)

For detailed information, read Requesting an I-20.

What are my health insurance choices?

Graduate students have the option to purchase to the school sponsored health insurance through the Cowell Health Center. To view or download a brochure, please visit the Cowell Student Health Center.

Is on-campus housing available for Graduate students?

Santa Clara University does have Graduate Student Housing Communities. You must submit the University Graduate Housing Contract, Graduate Preference Form, and a prepayment check to the Housing Office.