Computer Engineering Scholarships
Tuesday, May. 21, 2013 9:21 AM
IT Internship Program
Williams-Sonoma IT Intern
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a specialty retailer of home furnishings and gourmet cookware prided for “enhancing the quality of life at home.” We offer high-quality, stylish products for every room in the house: from the kitchen to the living room, bedroom, home office and even the hall closet. Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Mark & Graham, and Rejuvenation are the strong, growing brands that allow us to reach a diverse customer group throughout different stages of life. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is a vertically integrated company pursuing business through three channels: retail, catalog and e-Commerce.
The Williams-Sonoma, Inc. internship program provides Year 3 Business, Computer Science or Information Systems college students with the opportunity to build and demonstrate their business and technical skills. In order to provide you with a truly comprehensive view of our company, we are offering an internship program to experience both the retail and corporate sides of our business.
For the first 3 days of your internship, you will work in one of our Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, or Williams-Sonoma retail stores in the Bay Area. While in the stores, you will learn some of the aspects of how a retail store runs and operates. Learning about our retail business provides the context for the remainder of the internship.
For the remaining portion of your internship you will be working at our Williams-Sonoma, Inc. Corporate Headquarters in San Francisco. You will be placed in and matched with a department based on your interviews, interests, and skill set. During this time, you will interact with teams across the IT organization, assist on projects, and gain experience in cross-functional partnerships.
In addition to your daily activities, you will participate in a group project. The group project will include cross-functional interns and will require each intern to contribute their knowledge and insights to deliver the overall results. You will also partake in weekly sessions with the other interns, participating in personal and professional trainings as well as attending meetings with the executive leaders of the company and brand.
The 9.5 week program begins on Monday, June 17th and ends on Wednesday, August 21st.
Days 1 through3 – Retail stores within the Bay Area
Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Pottery Barn Kids
Remainder of the 9.5 weeks – Corporate Headquarters, San Francisco, CA”
- Qualifications & Skills
- Year 3 in an accredited degree program
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Teamwork oriented
- Ability to work independently under tight timelines
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and/or MAC OS (Depending on the internship)
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint is useful
- Ability to work in the San Francisco area for the full 9.5 week program
Interested students may email the Senior Recruiter, Cass Draper at Interested students may email the Senior Recruiter. His name is Cass Draper: email@example.com
Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013 11:34 AM
Located in northwest St. Louis County, Maryland Heights, Missouri has a population of 27,000 residents. The city’s population swells to 100,000+ during the day as a result of its major concentration of businesses, offices, hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues, including a large casino.
Maryland Heights operates under a City Administrator form of government with 6 departments: Administration, Finance, Community Development, Public Works, Police, and Parks and Recreation. The city employs 200 full-time employees and has a budget of over $40 million.
The Management Information Systems Internship is for undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Processing, GIS or a related field. The intern will work with the Information Systems Manager and will be exposed to the operations of the entire division.
This 12-week internship takes place between May 1 and September 15; specifi c schedule is negotiable.
The Management Information Systems Internship is one of several summer internships with the city. All interns participate in a team-building project and in tours of a variety of municipal facilities. This is a well-established internship program begun in 1986.
Compensation is $11.50 per hour, 40 hours per week for 12 weeks ($5,520 total).
To be considered, applicants should be entering their final year in an accredited Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Processing, GIS or related program and should submit the following materials:
- A letter of interest addressed to the IT Manager. Include specifi c areas of interest the applicant would like to pursue.
- A resume.
- A letter of reference from a college advisor or professor.
To be considered for the internship, email the documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2013.
Applicants should give some thought to housing before applying.
Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013 4:01 PM
The 2013 application cycle has begun for our Summer Internship Program at the Information Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory. This is a paid summer internship opportunity for students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university at the freshman level through PhD level (U.S. CITIZENS ONLY) to work on-site with AFRL researchers on a wide variety of research projects.
The majority of the students selected will be majoring in technical fields such as Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mathematics and Physics. For basic information on the areas of research that the selected interns will be working in please view our Core Competencies Brochure at http://www.griffissinstitute.org/files/7713/5947/3224/AFRL-RI_Core_Technical_Compentencies.pdf
For applicants who reside more than 70 miles from Rome, NY, allowances will be available to help cover the cost of travel and living expenses if you are selected for a position.
The application deadline is February 22, 2013. A copy of your resume and your current transcript are required with your application. These documents must be uploaded in .PDF format.
To submit your application, please log on to: http://www.griffissinstitute.org/summer_intern_program/internapplication/
Applications received after February 22nd, 2013 date may not receive consideration.
Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013 3:08 PM
Earn valuable IT work experience with a regionally recognized nonprofit organization helping low-income children and families
The IT intern plays a vital role on our team, with responsibility for maintaining our most popular outreach tool…our website. SJB’s web presence is vital to the success of our agency and people we serve. You will have the opportunity to develop layout, visual design, communications, web development and project management skills in a professional office environment.
SJB Child Development Centers is providing hope through education based programs, which provides a strong foundation so that children are better prepared to enter school and parents are supported as they work. Our resolution and determination in battling poverty, crime, dropout rates and academic underachievement, is steadfast. However we can only do it with the help of committed individuals such as you!
SJB Child Development internships are an intense and rewarding learning experience. This position could lead to a full time – paid position
Responsibilities/duties/ skills necessary:
- Use Adobe Dreamweaver
- Ability to be creative
- Knowledge of web usability and legibility
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, follow-through
- Self-starter; good communication skills; ability to troubleshoot and develop solutions
- Ability to work independently
- Website planning and production
- Assist with the planning and organization of content as needed (e.g., content audit for web redesign)
- Update existing website with new assets, features, and content. Produce finished web pages.
- Prepare digital photographs and graphics for use on the website and in other mediums
For more information please contact:
SJB Child Development Centers
1400 Parkmoor Avenue, Suite 220
San Jose, CA 95126
Tel: 408-414-2700 ex.220
Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013 2:58 PM
Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012 3:10 PM
The Earth Observing Laboratory (EOL) of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) hires undergraduate engineering interns with an interest in the atmospheric sciences during the summer months.
How do I apply?
EOL’s Summer Undergraduate Program for Engineering Research (SUPER) is open to undergraduate engineering students enrolled in a 4-year accredited U.S. university or college. The application can be found here: www.eol.ucar.edu/super
SUPER interns work hands-on with EOL engineers in Boulder, Colorado on atmospheric observing systems including radar, lidar, and sounding, and may spend part of the summer participating in a field deployment operating and supporting one or more EOL observing systems.
EOL provides an hourly wage as well as travel support to and from, and housing while in, Boulder, and expenses in the field.
Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012 3:52 PM
Congratulations!! You are a part of a very prestigious computer science program at a great university. You may be coming to the conclusion of your program and are itching to put all of that great education to use and to drive innovation for one lucky company… What if that day were today.
Fit3D is a startup company in its infancy and we are using some of the most cutting edge technology to change the way that the world looks at weight loss. We are using depth sensors by Microsoft and Asus to quickly scan human bodies and help users visualize their weight loss goals. As we develop as a company, we are excited at the opportunity at working with talented individuals at the bud of their career and are excited to grow those interns into potential employees.
- Research and implement techniques for 3D image stitching
- Research and implement techniques for 3D Object Measurement Extraction
- Research and implement algorithms using computer vision and image processing
- 1-2 years of related technical experience
- Moderate working experience with MS Office
- Ability to develop with Microsoft Visual Studios 2010 Express IDE
- Currently enrolled in a M.S. or B.S. of Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Ability to work 30 hours per week during standard working hours
- Excellent ability to learn, understand, and implement algorithms like
- Iterative closest point (ICP)
- KDTree Search Algorithms
- Linear Algebra
- Camera Calibration Techniques
- Desire to understand Microsoft Kinect and Asus Xtion Technology
- Experience with Windows 7
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
If you are interested, please send your resume or inquiry to email@example.com
Thursday, Nov. 1, 2012 3:05 PM
Portalfront is offering a scholarship for computer science and computer engineering majors. The scholarship is going to be awarded annually, and will be for up to $2000 dollars.
- Student must be enrolled as a computer science or engineering major
- Student must be no older than 26 years old
- Student must be eligible for financial aid.
Candidates will be selected based on this criteria:
- Financial Need
- Project History
- Current Interests
- There will be a written component to this scholarship that will be specified in your application packet.
Monday, Sep. 24, 2012 9:26 AM
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship program is now accepting nominations for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional Ph.D. students who have an interest in solving problems that are important to IBM and fundamental to innovation in many academic disciplines and areas of study. These include: computer science and engineering (including cyber security and cloud computing), electrical and mechanical engineering, physical sciences (including chemistry, material sciences, and physics), mathematical sciences (including analytics of massive scale data with uncertainty, operations research, and optimization), public sector and business sciences (including urban policy and analytics, social technologies, learning systems and natural language understanding), and service science, management, and engineering (SSME). Additionally, IBM pays special attention to an array of focus areas. For details on the focus areas, see frequently asked questions.
Preference will be given to students who have had an IBM internship or have closely collaborated with technical or services people from IBM.
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards program also supports our long-standing commitment to workforce diversity. IBM values diversity in the workplace and encourages nominations of women, minorities and all who contribute to that diversity.
Awardees will have an opportunity to be recognized on IBM websites and communications
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowships are awarded worldwide. IBM Ph.D. Fellows are awarded a stipend for one academic year. Fellowships vary by country/geographic area, and the students will be informed at the time of the award what the value is for their country/geographic area.
All IBM Ph.D. Fellows are matched with an IBM Mentor according to their technical interests, and they are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one internship at IBM while completing their studies. Interns are paid by their host site and will be subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of the internship program at that site. IBM is an equal opportunity employer.
After receiving an award, an Award Recipient may be renominated the following year for consideration to receive another IBM Ph.D. Fellowship, based on the Award Recipient's continued exceptional academic standing, progress and achievement, and sustained interaction with IBM's technical community. A student may compete annually and be awarded a maximum of three years. IBM requests that a maximum of two nominations per department be submitted, in addition to any renewal nominations.
Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and enrolled full-time in a college or university Ph.D. program. The faculty member is encouraged to contact an IBM colleague prior to submitting the nomination to assure mutual interest. Students from Europe and Russia may be nominated in their first year of study in their doctoral program. Outside of Europe and Russia, students must have completed at least one year of study in their doctoral program at the time of their nomination. Students from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the program. Award Recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence, the degree to which their technical interests align with those of IBM, and their academic progress to-date, as evidenced by publications and endorsements from their faculty advisor and department head. While students may accept other supplemental fellowships, to be eligible for the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Award they may not accept a major award in addition to the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.
For further information, see https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/university/phdfellowship/faq.html
Thursday, Aug. 2, 2012 3:21 PM
Looking to work at a fun startup? Want to work with leading-edge cloud technologies? Kenandy is a fast-growing developer of social ERP solutions including inventory management, manufacturing, engineering, order management, purchasing, and financials. We are leading the way in the new world of manufacturing - manufacturing that is social, mobile, global, and in the cloud!
We’re looking for smart, talented trailblazers. If you are interested in a growth opportunity and want to be part of a team led by experienced, successful management, backed by Kleiner Perkins and salesforce.com venture capital, we would love to talk to you.
Location: Redwood City, California
- 4-year degree required (computer science, engineering, business, accounting preferred -MBA is a plus)
- Energetic, smart, hard-working and self-motivated
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Prefer 3-5 years of sales engineering experience with SaaS and/or ERP
- Knowledge of ERP systems, salesforce.com, and/or SaaS solutions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-driven and sometimes unpredictable environment
- Lead calls and meetings with prospects and customers to evangelize Kenandy
- Work directly with customers to understand their business challenges, processes and requirements
- Deliver value-based demonstrations (in person & via web conferencing) and articulate how Kenandy can address their requirements and solve their business issues
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Deliver weekly webinars and drive other demand generation activities
- Possess in-depth product knowledge
- Convey customer requirements and feedback to product management and client services to help drive product roadmap
If you love interacting with customers and working with the latest technology, then we want to speak with you.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Jun. 21, 2012 1:06 PM
Friday, May. 18, 2012 3:19 PM
This is a long- term Temporary Part-Time position (20 hours per week, M-F). We are looking for candidates who can commit to 1-3 uninterrupted years in this position in Milpitas, CA. Should be commutable to zip code 95035.
The Student Intern I position will assist in providing DBA performance tuning and auditing support to clients. This group receives/monitors/responds to inbound calls and/or emails from clients, and helps to resolve system issues. Department focuses on customer service and speedy resolution of issues.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities: Provide basic level one support for PeopleSoft HR, Oracle ERP and other Enterprise Applications related performance and availability issues. This is a fast pace environment focusing on customer service. Duties include troubleshooting client issue along with reviewing and updating tickets in our tracking system. Some creation of reports may be required.
Location: Milpitas, CA
- Position Type: Part Time, Internship
- Desired Majors: Computer Science & Engineering, MBA
- Desired Class Levels: Sophomore, Junior, Graduate Student
- Work Authorization: US Citizen, Permanent Resident
- Job Function: Engineering, Computer Science/Statistics
- Must be currently enrolled in school and in the process of pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or better
- Knowledge of data structure, storage, Database Architecture
- Knowledge of RDBMS preferably Oracle RDBMS 9i through 11g.
- Hands on experience on Unix/ Linux OS.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook
- Must possess both outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Able to troubleshoot issues effectively
- Ability to clear a criminal background check and drug test
Must be able to work between 8am-6pm PST Monday- Friday- flexibility may be required
- Oracle RDBMS DBA experience and knowledge
- DBA performance tuning and auditing experience is a plus
Requisition # 1218332
Duration: 1-3 years
Travel Percentage: No travel
Salary Level: $17= per hour
Desired start date: May 21, 2012
Approximate hours per week: 20
Apply now at: https://att.taleo.net/careersection/10161/jobdetail.ftl?job=1218332
Lead Staffing Manager: Shanna Applebee
Friday, Apr. 20, 2012 3:37 PM
Summer Internship Opportunity
Verizon professionals never stop short of success. From pursuing our broadest initiatives to promoting the individual careers of our people – great things happen every day at Verizon. There’s a place for you.
The position responsibilities will include analysis of complex business problems and coming up with innovative solutions which will satisfy the business need. This may include attending meetings within a diverse global environment, building system requirements, design documents, constructing software, performing quality assurance and culminating with production deployments.
Required Skills & Experience
- Working toward or having obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical education path.
- Knowledge or skills in software development tool and operating environments such as Java, Web Development, C/C++, PHP, SQL, UNIX, and/or Oracle
- Knowledge in cryptography and biometrics
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to tackle business problems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge or skills in area of Identity management, Security, or Reporting Systems.
- Software Development background
Apply online here
Friday, Apr. 20, 2012 2:00 PM
We are pleased to announce the Cisco-SCU Engineering Fellowship. Its’ purpose is to encourage SCU’s engineering students to explore the possibilities of careers in Engineering, IT & Technology with Cisco.
Deadline: April 27, 2012.
This fellowship program represents a collaborative effort between Cisco University Connection & the SCU School of Engineering. The fellowships seeks to encourage Engineering majors to undertake learning that fosters an entrepreneurial mindset & innovative thinking to solving complex problems. This is Cisco’s next generation of Engineering leaders.
Through funding from Cisco, ten students will be selected to receive in FY’13:
- $1500 fellowship
- Access to an internship interview
- Cisco site visit
- Career coaching session with a Cisco professional
Additionally, recipients also commit to participating in SCU Preview Days 2013 and taking a course offered through the Entrepreneurial Thinking initiative.
The Cisco-SCU Engineering Fellowship requirements and application may be found here: http://www.scu.edu/engineering/cisco-fellowship/
Friday, Apr. 20, 2012 9:56 AM
Location: San Mateo, CA
REQ: I 12-03
Reports to: User Interface Development Manager
Composite Software is looking for a motivated candidate who will participate in a ten to twelve week summer internship with our engineering team and assist them designing, coding, testing, and releasing our product. You will join a team of talented engineers to provide user interfaces for world-class federation and virtualization products in an agile development environment.
Initial projects may include improvement and addition to user interfaces in a Java Swing desktop application that manages a richly complex data virtualization environment, or development of new user interfaces within a web-based application written with the Google Web Toolkit.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to participate and learn how to design and build user interfaces for a large scale enterprise product, currently in use around the world by well-known companies in mission-critical applications.
During your internship you will be exposed to a variety of disciplines including software engineering processes, standards, system design, database design, test automation, product build and software configuration management, virtualization and more. Show us your passion and take advantage of an opportunity to grow as a developer and make history with us.
- Computer Science degree in process or equivalent (BS, MS, PHD)
- Project or course work in the Java Programming Language
- Project or course work demonstrating an understanding of user interfaces
- Familiarity with at least one revision control system and build system
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Java Swing or Google Web Toolkit
- Familiarity with transactional, SQL, and XML concepts
- Experience using Subversion, IntelliJ IDEA, or Eclipse
To apply, send resume to: email@example.com
Friday, Apr. 20, 2012 9:54 AM
Location: San Mateo, CA
REQ: I 12-02
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Composite Software is looking for a motivated candidate who will participate in a ten to twelve week internship with our QA engineering team and assist them with creating, designing and executing tests for our products. You will join a team of talented engineers who maintain the quality for world-class federation and virtualization product features in an agile development environment. Initial projects may include but are not limited to the creation and design of UI test automation scripts, manual UI application testing, bug fix verification and installer testing.
Starting on the first day, you will receive one on one mentoring which will continue throughout your internship. Your project will be tailored to your interests. You will have regular access to our QA and development engineering teams.
Show us your passion and take advantage of an opportunity to grow as an engineer and make history with us.
- Computer Science in process degree or equivalent (BS, MS)
- Familiarity with UI testing methodologies
- Familiarity with UI applications that use Swing, Flex and Web based technologies.
- Familiarity with SQL, JDBC and XML concepts
- Project or course work in the Java Programming Language
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux OS
- Familiarity with UI automation tools such as QF-Test, Selenium, Jemmy or QTP
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL
- Familiarity with bash scripting, Subversion and Hudson (Jenkins)
To apply, send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, Apr. 20, 2012 9:51 AM
Location: San Mateo, CA
REQ: I 12-01
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Composite Software is looking for a motivated candidate to participate in a ten to twelve week summer internship with our product development team and work on exciting data virtualization technology. You will join a team of world class engineers in developing the best-in-class data virtualization product in an agile development environment. Composite pioneered the data virtualization category and provides an agile, data integration approach to ever changing business needs.
Some of the exciting projects may include adding support for relational data sources or application data sources, refactoring and performance tuning of data source infrastructure components, building tools that automates the verification of data source functionality and suggesting improvements to data source component development.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to learn enterprise product development techniques in an agile environment. Your stint at Composite will expose you to a variety of software development techniques, SQL standards, enterprise system design, database design, exposure to a variety of relational and non-relational data sources, test automation, product build and software configuration management, virtualization and more.
If you have a passion to build a database and would like to contribute to it, Composite is the perfect place to be.
- Computer Science in process degree or equivalent. (BS, MS, PHD)
- Project or course work in the Java Programming Language and algorithms
- Project or course work demonstrating an understanding of concurrency
- Project or course work demonstrating an understanding of transactions
- Familiarity with SQL, JDBC, and XML concepts
- Familiarity with at least one revision control system and build system
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with SQL, JDBC, REST, SOA and compilers
- Familiarity with Subversion, ant, eclipse, and JUnit
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Thursday, Mar. 29, 2012 9:52 AM
The Department of Energy (DOE) CBFO Program provides the opportunity to conduct mission-oriented research in DOE's CBFO in Carlsbad, New Mexico. The CBFO Fellow will study needs for automated access control and secured wireless computing for use in the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) repository. The Fellow will become familiar with Homeland Security Presidential Directive12, Public Key Infrastructure and secured wireless local area networking. The Fellow will also become familiar with key recommendations regarding the integration and deployment of information technology systems for optimized use and cost saving applications without sacrificing performance or security.
Applicant must have strong analytical, research and communication skills and demonstrated capacity for creative thinking. Applicant should have a strong technical background and interest in being part of a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment, focused on energy technology research and development.
Application closes April 8, 2012. Visit CBFO Fellowship Programs to apply or for more information.
Wednesday, Mar. 21, 2012 9:16 AM
The Team for Research in Ubiquitous Secure Technology (TRUST) will sponsor undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds and cultures, to participate in a summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) located at TRUST partner institutions: Cornell University, Vanderbilt University and the University of California, Berkeley.
Participating undergraduate students will work with faculty advisors and graduate student mentors throughout the summer performing research and supporting activities in the area of cyber security, privacy, and trustworthy systems. Examples of past TRUST REU research topics have included:
* Evaluating the Impact of Security Attacks on Cyber-Physical Systems
* Evaluating of Packet Delay and Loss on a Network Control System in DETER Testbed
* Detecting User Activities using the Accelerometer on Android Smartphones
* Understanding Cookie Blocking and Privacy
* Evaluating Cryptographic Capabilities and Efficiency for Devices with the Android Platform
* Designing a Distributed Tracking System for Camera Networks
* Identifying Software Security Vulnerabilities using Fuzz Testing
* Time Synchronization Security in Sensor Networks
We welcome your recommendations and assistance in identifying promising students for the TRUST REU program. This is an excellent opportunity for students to conduct research directly with our faculty in an eight-week program. We are proud of the high percentage of former TRUST REU students who have gone on to earn graduate degrees in various engineering fields.
The TRUST REU program is made possible by the generous support of the National Science Foundation.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ADVISOR TO APPLY
Wednesday, Mar. 21, 2012 9:09 AM
The Department of Computer Science at Georgia State University hosts the NSF OCI REU Site: 8-week Sum-mer Research for Undergraduates in High Performance Data Mining for 10 students (in anticipation of funding recommended for award by NSF) .
Research projects will focus on high performance data mining techniques with parallel computing, cloud com-puting and machine learning, and their broad applica-tions such as bioinformatics and security. Students will be advised by faculty mentors and industrial mentors. Graduate students will help REU students do joint re-search projects. The REU students will submit research papers, participate in student data mining competitions, and visit Georgia Tech Communications Assurance and Performance Group to learn latest security techniques. The REU program will be beneficial for underrepresent-ed students (minority and women).
- US citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- A full time undergraduate student in computer science
- 8 week stipend of $4000.00
- Housing and meals $2,300.00
- Travel Financial Support $600
- Application due March 31, 2012 until all spaces are filled.
- Program runs May 30, 2012 through July 24, 2012
Complete Online Application Form http://www.cs.gsu.edu/REU/application.htm
Send an unofficial transcript and a recommendation letter to Dr. Yanqing Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Yanqing Zhang
Department of Computer Science Georgia State University P.O. Box 3994 Atlanta, GA 30302-3994
Phone: (404) 413-5733
Office: 34 Peachtree Street, room 1445