Computer Engineering Job Resources
Students may also find the following links useful:
Computer Engineering Jobs
Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014 3:04 PM
ARRS2014 ARRIS is a global communications technology company specializing in the design, engineering and supply of technology supporting triple- and quad-play broadband services for residential and business customers around the world. The company supplies broadband operators with the tools and platforms they need to deliver carrier-grade telephony, network video processing, whole home video, demand driven video, next-generation advertising, network and workforce management solutions, access and transport architectures and ultra high-speed data services. Headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia, USA, ARRIS has R&D centers in Suwanee; Beaverton, OR; Chicago, IL; Kirkland, WA; State College, PA; Wallingford, CT; Waltham, MA; Cork, Ireland; and Shenzhen, China, and operates support and sales offices throughout the world. Information about ARRIS products and services can be found at www.arrisi.com.
The ARRIS Cloud Solutions Business is a growing software business charged with developing multi-screen video delivery and service assurance products for video service providers worldwide. The position is part of the CTO of the Cloud Solutions Business and is responsible for defining and deploying cutting edge multi-screen solutions in both private and public cloud environments to showcase the capabilities of our solutions. The position works closely with our product development teams to ensure that the systems are built with state-of-the-art development and deployment capabilities. This is a technical role in production/operations working closely with engineering and the right candidate will have a wealth of experience in Operations management.
The ideal candidate will bring hands on experience in development and/or deployment of cloud based software solutions combined with expertise in system integration of large and complex solution suites.
The specific responsibilities of the role are to:
- Plan, define and develop system and network architectures best suited for cloud-based ARRIS multi-screen video delivery software suite.
- Design and develop systems and processes to automate deployment of cloud-based software suite and put in place operational best practices to ensure critical systems are highly-available, secure and free from data loss.
- Manage deployments at internal and externally accessible demo systems as well as PoCs and Pilots at customer sites designed to showcase ARRIS multi-screen video solutions. Create deployment scripts that allow for rapid, painless and push-button deployment of cloud-based software suite on public and private clouds.
- Support product and tech marketing with execution of trade show demos for the Cloud Solutions Business.
- Keep up with the developments in the rapidly evolving cloud platform space, continuously experiment with new tools and solutions and incorporate suitable ones into internal product development and deployment processes.
- Transfer knowledge and know-how to product teams to help assist with the transition of software products from a traditional enterprise deployment model to cloud based deployment models.
- Position requires up to 25% domestic and international travel
- Prior experience in a DevOps or similar role and familiarity with continuous integration and deployment models, processes and tools.Strong system and network administration skills and deep understanding of Linux-based systems
- Competent in one or more scripting languages (shell, python, perl) and familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Cobbler etc.
- Knowledgeable about networking (L2, L3) and familiarity with configuring and managing networking gear used in data centers.Experience resolving complex storage, network and system integration issues.
- Experience administering and managing a variety of persistent storage (SQL and NoSQL) and messaging systems (RabbitMQ) and ensuring high availability. Thorough understanding of virtualization technologies and hypervisors such as ESXi, KVM/libvirt, Xen etc.
- Data center administration experience and familiarity VM management and Cloud management software systems such as vCloud and OpenStack is highly desirable."Hands on" experience with enterprise software products in a Java / Linux environmentKnowledge of QAM or IP video technology is a plus.
BS in Engineering or Computer Science and 7+ years of experience
Santa Clara, California, United States
APPLY HERE: https://arrisi.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.presubmission
Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014 2:28 PM
The Information Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is looking for outstanding researchers to address cutting-edge computing and communications problems vital to the nation's security. AFRL is a basic and applied research laboratory that has been supporting the US Air Force for more than 60 years. The AFRL Information Directorate employs approximately 750 scientists and engineers, and is the Air Force's center of expertise for R&D of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence (C4I) technologies. Work is conducted across a broad spectrum of technologies in areas such as information fusion, communications, modeling and simulation, and high performance and intelligence information systems. The laboratory is equipped with state-of-the-art resources in a number of dedicated facilities including a High-performance Computing Center which houses the DoD's largest interactive supercomputer, an advanced RF Technology Center, Quantum Computing and Communication Labs, a SATCOM facility, and two large-scale outdoor antenna test ranges. Using these resources AFRL develops new ways to provide commanders with accurate, timely information.
Emphasis areas for open technical staff positions include high-performance and trusted computing hardware/software, quantum computers, nano and neuromorphic computers, advanced high-bandwidth adaptive digital communications, data link and waveform development, networking technologies, assured-access communications, satellite communications, and free-space optical communications including quantum key distribution. Members of the technical staff have diverse backgrounds including electrical & computer engineering, computer science, physics, and mathematics.
BS, MS, and PhD holders in these fields are sought. AFRL Information Directorate staff members have been at the forefront of information science and technology developments. Examples include basic and applied R&D in photonic quantum computing, multi-Gbps RF and optical communications, and networked communications for Unmanned Aerial Systems in contested environments. Staff members work on multi-disciplinary in-house teams. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate depth in advanced computing and communications, via self-motivation and collaborative efforts. Located in upstate New York near Syracuse, the AFRL Information Directorate offers a suburban, four-season environment, super grade and high schools, and several nearby collaborating universities with outstanding reputations. We offer stable employment, a competitive salary, excellent government employee benefits, and a world-class professional working environment. For an overview see www.wpafb.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-131008-023.pdf or visithttp://www.wpafb.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=17737.
US citizenship is required. Must be eligible for a security clearance. AFRL is an equal opportunity employer. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter toMichael.Smith.firstname.lastname@example.org and Todd.Humiston.email@example.com.