Computer Engineering Job Resources
Students may also find the following links useful:
Computer Engineering Jobs
Tuesday, May. 21, 2013 9:14 AM
Software Developer at Loqate in San Bruno, CA
Loqate (www.loqate.com) is a Silicon Valley based company developing and selling new technology in the field of international data identification, verification, and geocoding. Our mission is to accurately capture, cleanse and geocode any address worldwide. We are seeking a software developer to join our development team and focus on the development of our international data repository and its usage within our software. Loqate is a small and growing company. This is your chance to get in early on an exciting opportunity and to apply what you have learned immediately.
- Development of data manipulation systems (ETL - extract, transform, and load) using a mixture of technologies including SQL, shell scripting, and Java.
- Testing and integration of code changes to our data manipulation systems (ETL)
- Be a committed, active and engaged member of the core development team
- Assist in writing user documentation (APIs)
- Coursework and projects completed using SQL and a DBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, or similar
- Knowledge in one or more of SQL, Java,, shell scripting. Knowledge of C++, C, or Python would be a plus.
- Computer Science related background/education
- Desire to work in the world of commercial software development
- Attention to detail, meticulous, ability to write well enough that your English professor would be happy.
- Willingness to work hard, learn, and bring a positive attitude. This is a small company – we all need to work well with each other and have some fun as well.
- Independent thinker, problem solver
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or experience in Data Quality/MDM, GIS/LBS
- Knowledge or experience with NLP (Natural Language Processing) engines
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages:
Our offices are in San Bruno, California. Candidate must be authorized to work in the US.
Location is a key data element for most business applications. Consumers need to know where to look for products and services, and businesses need to be able to accurately identify the location of their customer to deliver these products and services efficiently. Whether for data quality, fraud prevention or delivering location based services, identifying an accurate customer address is key to successful business strategies. Loqate is a leader in address quality solutions, ensuring that data is accurate and complete. Using a combination of advanced algorithmic analysis and comprehensive reference sources, Loqate can identify, parse, standardize, verify and enrich address data, adding valuable information to increase its value.
If you are interested, please send your resume and anything else you think is interesting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type: Full-time
- Experience: Recent college graduate at Bachelor or Master level.
- Functions: Software Development
- Industries: Information Technology and Services
- Compensation: Salary, stock options, medical/dental
Tuesday, May. 21, 2013 9:10 AM
Galileo is now hiring Technology Lead Instructors at 38 sites throughout the Bay Area!
Galileo, now in our 12th year, is an innovation-focused education company which runs four summer camp programs at 38 sites throughout the Bay Area. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach. Specializing in art, science, outdoors, and technology, we nurture creativity, curiosity and expression in campers, and believe in giving staff the opportunity to contribute their strengths toward the success of a program and company invested in their personal and professional growth.
Galileo Learning is looking for current and aspiring educators to teach cutting-edge Technology curricula this summer. These classes include Lego Robotics, Video Game Design, Web Design, Computer Programming, and more! Lead Instructors are pivotal to the summer experience of Galileo campers, providing instruction and inspiration, fostering the type of learning environment which allows kids to explore and develop vision, courage, collaboration, determination, and reflection. We provide an outstanding curriculum and all materials, giving you the freedom to tailor your classroom’s look and feel, and to focus on bringing learning to life!
Lead Instructor positions fill quickly on a rolling basis. Apply or learn more today at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/why-work-here
- Pay: $600-675 per week (Monday-Friday), depending on experience
- 38 locations throughout all regions of the Bay Area
- 6-10 week commitment, depending on location (day camp program, housing not provided)
Interested in leadership opportunities? Check out our Camp Leadership positions!
Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013 11:54 AM
Flight school near San Carlos Airport seeks a web design and development intern for 15-20 hours per week for 8 weeks. Compensation will be rewarded along with an opportunity to stay on board as part of the team.
Knowledge of basic web programming is a must.
- HTML/CSS. Debug.
- Wordpress and Drupal v7 experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of basic design elements.
- Be able work in teams, within a fun environment.
- Database experience is a plus.
While this job may not be for all individuals - we will gladly review any current or undergrad student's application for the job.
Any student interested in the job - please send your resume and/or classroom experience to email@example.com or call Brad Quon at 415-760-6224.
Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013 3:04 PM
We are seeking test preparation instructors for our GRE, GMAT, LSAT, SAT and ACT classes. These are part-time positions with classes once per week on weekends. We seek intelligent, charismatic instructors who have both top test scores and excellent teaching skills. Our company has a social mission to provide top caliber test preparation courses at a value price. Team Sherwood is committed to the social responsibility of accessible test preparation courses: Everyone deserves to put their best score out there.
Salary: $40 per hour for GRE, GMAT and LSAT classroom instruction;
$30 per hour for SAT and ACT classroom instruction.
- Education: Current graduate or professional student (Ph.D. (or equivalent), Master’s, J.D.); or Completed Ph.D. (or equivalent), J.D., or Master’s degree.
- Test Scores: Top-tier test scores on one of the following: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, SAT, or ACT.
- Teaching Experience: Have taught at least one university semester/quarter class. Prior university teaching experience is required.
- Quantitative and Verbal Skills: Must have BOTH excellent math and verbal/writing skills. Sherwood Test Prep Instructors teach the entire course.
- Consistent Weekend Commitment: We seek team players who are flexible and can teach on consecutive weekends throughout the entire year. We only take off four weekends per year (those corresponding to): Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. Instructors can teach from 3 to 14 hours per weekend.
If interested, please send your (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume/Vita, and (3) Test Scores to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews and hiring are to commence immediately.
Teaching test preparation is a fun and rewarding experience. As an instructor you will have the opportunity to help bright, high-achieving students achieve their goals and dreams of entering their first choice Universities and programs. We hire good people who are intelligent, compassionate, honorable, and dependable. All test prep instructors are respectfully treated as faculty members and are afforded autonomy and latitude in the courses they teach.
At Sherwood Test Prep, our work is to help others.
Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012 11:14 AM
About the Job
We?re looking for our FIRST front-end engineer to join the small team! As the first front-end engineer, you will help us implement an elegant, interactive experience for our users. Your work will be pivotal in defining the visual language of our user interface. Recent grads are welcome to apply!
- Previous experience building rich, interactive websites.
- Basic image-editing skills (Photoshop), ability to work with designers to translate designs to web. We care about details!
- Knowledge of CSS pre-processors like Compass Framework/SASS
- Experience with web-application template systems (templates in Django, Rails) is a plus but not required.
- Experience with source version control software like Git is a plus.
Coffee Meets Bagel (www.coffeemeetsbagel.com), is on a mission to find “the one” for millions of singles! We?ve already raised a seed round through investors including Lightbank, a VC started by founders of Groupon, and co-founder of match.com. We?re building a platform that is changing the way singles connect with others through the melding of social and mobile technologies.
We?re small but our culture is fast-paced, and most importantly, we love discovering how people choose to love! So if you are entrepreneurial and believe in the mission to find the ultimate solution to the time old problem of “love”, contact us at email@example.com.
Read more about us in: TechCrunch, Glamour, BostInno, Mashable, Forbes.
Our Mission: To provide the world's most exciting curated dating experience.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Oct. 15, 2012 1:19 PM
The Analytical Systems Branch (RIED) at the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) at Rome, NY is seeking qualified individuals with expertise in data mining and machine learning to support analysis and exploitation of intelligence data. Individuals with a graduate degree, or expecting to receive a graduate degree in the near future, are encouraged to apply. Topics of study may include, but are not limited to, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, and Statistical Physics with a strong emphasis on algorithm and software development.
AFRL is the Air Force's only organization wholly dedicated to leading the discovery, development, and integration of warfighting technologies for our air, space and cyberspace forces. AFRL traces its roots back to the vision of early airpower leaders who understood science as the key to air supremacy. The passionate commitment of our people to realize this vision has helped create the world's best air, space and cyberspace forces. The men and women of AFRL are creating the Air Force of the future - turning science fiction into science fact. Become a member of the Air Force Research Laboratory and help us "Create the future".
Interested applicants should follow the instructions found on the Air Force Fact Sheet at http://www.wpafb.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=14574 and also submit a copy of their resume to email@example.com