- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- ECP Home
- About ECP
Academic Program Areas
Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential for Catholic School Teachers
- Abbreviated Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic School Teachers
- Clear Teaching Credential for Catholic School Teachers
- SCU Certificate in Alternative and Correctional Education
- Course Schedules
- Educational Leadership & Administration
- Counseling Psychology
- Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Current Students
- Center for Professional Development
Multiple and Single Subject Teaching Credential Programs Bay Area, California (CA)- Santa Clara University
Units: 63 quarter units (3 quarter units = 2 semester units)
The MATTC program is the first step for individuals who want to attain their multiple subject (MS) or single subject (SS) preliminary teaching credential. At the conclusion of the program, candidates earn a Master of Arts in Teaching degree and a recommendation for a California SB2042 Multiple Subject or Single Subject Preliminary Teaching Credential. It is not possible for a student to pursue only a teaching credential or only a Master of Arts in Teaching degree.
The MATTC program prepares individuals to become effective, equitable, and ethical teachers. The program fully integrates: (a) the professional coursework and clinical field experiences required by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing; (b) master’s-level expectations for academic rigor and richness; and (c) focused engagement in and consideration of the ethical dimensions of teaching practice.
Courses are taught by professors who have previously been classroom teachers and or educational administrators. A cohort model is followed to facilitate collaboration and promote co-learning experiences in the classroom as well as in the field. A strong alumni association assists with networking with previous graduates.The program is accredited by the California Commission of Teacher Credentialing.
Our graduates do the following with this degree:
Students in MATTC-SS (Master of Arts in Teaching + Single Subject Preliminary Credential) are prepared for careers teaching a single subject to students at the middle or high school level.