- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- ECP Home
- Dean's Message
- About ECP
Academic Program Areas
Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential (MATTC)
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Education
- Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic School Teachers
- Abbreviated Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic and Private School Teachers
- Clear Teaching Credential
- Certificate in Alternative and Correctional Education
- Course Schedules
- Educational Leadership & Administration
- Counseling Psychology
- Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Career Center
- New Student Welcome
- Academic Calendar
- News & Updates
- Graduate Bulletin & Handbooks
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Course Descriptions & Schedules
- Student Forms
- Disabilities Resources
- Technology Resources
- Student Organizations
- CPSY Exit Survey
- Center for Professional Development
- Contact Us!
Room number: 120 S
Priscilla Myers, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer, Reading Specialist in Education
Priscilla Myers, Ph.D., has been a K-12 reading specialist, a high school and middle school English and French teacher, and a university instructor at three universities and in public and private elementary and secondary schools in the United States, France, Norway, England, and Japan. She earned the Ph.D. in Reading Curriculum and Instruction in 1992 from The University of Texas at Austin, the M.A. in Reading Education in 1982 from The University of Colorado, and the B.A. in Modern Languages-French from Colorado State University in 1973.
In the fall of 2001, Myers instituted the first M.A. degree program in reading at Santa Clara University and became the director of the Reading and Learning Center. In 2003, Myers received the Santa Clara University President's Faculty Recognition Award. Prior to teaching at SCU, she was the reading specialist at the State University of New York (SUNY), and received the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching in 1999. Her SUNY Reading Clinic was one of five U.S. reading programs featured in the summer 2001 national publication, Reading Is Fundamental Newsletter. Myers currently teaches literacy courses within the MATTC program for teacher candidates and in the M.A. degree program in Interdisciplinary Education.
Myers and her husband, Tim, are the parents of three adult children, all of whom love reading as much or more than she does.