- SCU Home Page
- About SCU
- On Campus
- News & Info
- ECP Home
- About ECP
Academic Program Areas
- Counseling Psychology
- Educational Leadership & Administration
Teacher Education, Preparation, & Advanced Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential (MATTC)
- Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Education
- Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic School Teachers
- Abbreviated Preliminary Teaching Program for Catholic and Private School Teachers
- Clear Teaching Credential
- Certificate in Alternative and Correctional Education
- Course Schedules
- Career Center
- New Student Welcome
- Academic Calendar
- News & Updates
- Graduate Bulletin & Handbooks
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Course Descriptions & Schedules
- Student Forms
- Disabilities Resources
- Technology Resources
- Student Organizations
- CPSY Exit Survey
- Affiliated Programs
- Contact Us!
Location: Loyola Hall
Room number: 120 J
Susan Charles, Ed.D.
Adjunct Lecturer in Education, Coordinator for the Administrative Services Programs
Susan Charles has over 30 years experience as a teacher, counselor, and administrator in K - 12 education. Originally from the island of Dominica, in the West Indies, she has lived with her family in the Bay Area since 1975 and worked with the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) for 28 years. She has served in numerous roles in her nearly three decades with PAUSD; working as a counselor, Dean of Students, Head of Guidance, and Principal. She is a trainer with the 6Seconds organization in emotional intelligence and teaching to the social and emotional well-being of children and adults.
In 2002, Susan began a successful partnership between the PAUSD and Santa Clara University by starting a cohort for new administrators, in Palo Alto. Susan has also been an adjunct instructor at Santa Clara since 2002.
Susan received her B.A. and M.A./P.P.S., in counseling, from Santa Clara University, her Administrative Services Credential/Tier 1, from U.C. Berkeley, Professional Services Credential/Tier 2, from Santa Clara University, and her Ed.D., from Fielding Graduate University.
In her leisure time, Susan enjoys gardening, cooking, spending time with family and friends, and hopes to find more time to lie on the beach in the Caribbean.