Relevant Student Organizations
If your student organization is listed below, then this section pertains to you:
- Badminton Club
- Croquet Club
- Into the Wild
- Iron Broncos
- Jiu Jitsu Club
- Just Kickin' It Pick-Up Soccer Club
- Leavey Golf Club
- Rock Climbing Club
- Santa Clara Quidditch
- Scuba Club
- Water Polo Club
- Yoga Empowerment Services Plus (YES+)
Recreational Sports Clubs vs. Club Sports
Recreational sports clubs are student organizations that:
Club sports are student teams that:
Clubs vs. Teams
Recreational sports clubs can only be called clubs and may not be referred to as teams. On the other hand, club sports teams may be called clubs or teams.
All recreational sports clubs listed above in the first section are required to do the following:
- Submit a roster of club members.
- Submit Participant Agreement Forms for all club members.
- Submit a Risk Management Plan.
- Submit the name of one club leader who will act as the Safety Officer.
Recreational sports clubs may have up to 2 instructors who serve on a volunteer basis. Volunteer instructors are not coaches and cannot be paid. Each volunteer instructor must complete a Volunteer Instructor Agreement Form. To request a volunteer instructor, contact Tedd Vanadilok.
For More Information
Tedd Vanadilok, Director of Campus Programs, Center for Student Leadership