RSO Rights & Responsibilities
- Maintain with the Associated Student Government (ASG) and CSL a constitution, bylaws, and roster of leaders, officers, and members.
- Ensure that activities and programming are consistent with the constitution and bylaws as well as adhere to University policies and local, state, and federal laws including Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and NCAA bylaws.
- Ensure that select leaders and officers participate in all mandatory meetings, including the Fall Retreat, quarterly Club Conferences, and other similar trainings organized by ASG and CSL.
- Register annually with ASG and maintain regular communication with the assigned Student Affairs Committee (SAC) liaisons.
- Operate on a non-profit basis.
- Maintain membership of at least 15 enrolled Santa Clara students, with a majority of members being undergraduate students.
- Maintain an executive board where all leaders and officers are undergraduate students.
- Avoid duplication of any existing student organization's purpose and have a purpose consistent with the mission of the University.
- Secure the commitment from a faculty/staff member to be the student organization's advisor.
- Sponsor 2 activities per quarter that are open to the entire student body.