Rights & Responsibilities
Shared Rights & Responsibilities
All student organizations, regardless of whether they are Chartered Student Organizations (CSOs) or Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), share the following rights and responsibilities as expected by the Center for Student Leadership (CSL) as well as the Vice Provost for Student Life and Dean of Students:
- Use of the University name in association with the student organization in the manner designated by the institution.
- Use of University facilities at no charge or at reduced charge.
- Ability to solicit membership on campus.
- Opportunity to sponsor events, programs, fundraising, and guest speakers in accordance with the Speakers Policy.
- Eligibility for the right to request student activity funding from appropriate sources.
- Access to campus services, leadership programs, expertise of a faculty/staff advisor, representation by student government, and advice and counsel from appropriate administrative offices.
- Use of campus bulletin boards and other designated posting areas as well as additional communication resources on campus.
- The student organization shall be reviewed for compliance of their activities with their constitution that states the purpose and goals of the organization and how they are consistent and compatible with the mission and goals of the institution and its Jesuit/Catholic character.
- The student organization shall have its registration status reviewed if there are any changes in the constitution related to the purpose of the organization.
- The student organization shall have a constitution and/or other registration materials that include a statement with respect to the organization's affiliation, if any, with off-campus organizations.
- The student organization shall agree to institutional policies and procedures appropriate to the organization's activities as well as conduct both on and off campus.
- The student organization shall ensure that all leaders and officers meet the "Eligibility Policy for Participation in Student Activities" as stated in the Student Handbook.
- The student organization shall agree that the exercise of freedom of expression will be peaceful and non-disruptive with appropriate consideration of and respect for differing points of view.
- The student organization shall seek the advice and counsel of its CSL advisor and faculty/staff advisor.
Distinct Rights & Responsibilities
In addition to shared rights and responsibilities, CSOs have rights and responsibilities that are distinct from the rights and responsibilities of RSOs.