Your first appointment at SHS
Students may schedule a counseling appointment in two ways:
- Call the Student Health Services at (408) 554-4501 and request an intake appointment
- Come in person to the Cowell Building and ask to schedule an intake appointment
Preparing for Your Intake Appointment
Please arrive 20 minutes early to your initial appointment to complete some paperwork.
Nurse Advice Line
Your call will be answered by a registered nurse (R.N.) with specialized training in nursing/medical telephone advice. The R.N. follows a standardized procedure based on the nature of your illness.
- Monday-Friday, 5:00pm to 8:00am the following day
- 24 hours on weekends and holidays during the academic year (mid-August to mid-June)
The Student Health Services works with a health management company named Sirona Health to provide after-hours clinical nurse triage telephone service through the company's Health Call Center. This service is open to registered students only.
Medical records are confidential by law and are not released to anyone -- including parents, spouse, friends, and/or University personnel -- without the written consent of the patient.
Medical Release Form
A medical release form is required before any medical records can be sent or received. Select the appropriate form:
Follow these steps to complete the above forms:
- Complete the medical release form.
- Include contact phone number in case there are any questions.
- Sign the form.
- Fax form to 408-554-2376.
Note: We will be unable to process your request without a signature.
The Student Health Center and the Wellness Center are pleased to offer all students the opportunity to take a brief, free, and anonymous online screening to assess various aspects of your physical and mental health. Please click on the area listed below that you are interested in assessing.
These online assessments are for educational purposes only. They are not meant to diagnose or substitute for a complete medical or psychiatric evaluation or examination by a physician or other trained professional.
Nutrition, Health & Fitness