Santa Clara University



  1. Graduating seniors can turn in their paperwork to the Poli Sci Dept. AFTER January 2, 2015.
  2. Fill out the "Candidacy Petition for Bachelor's Degree" and the top portion of the "Pre-Graduation Evaluation" forms (you can get them from the Registrar's or the Poli Sci department office).
  3. Take the Senior Survey here
  4. Once the Poli Sci office reviews your paperwork, we'll email you to pick up the signed copies and walk them to the Registrar's office.
March 2015 Graduation
June 2015 Graduation
Turn in Pre-Graduation Evaluation & Degree Petition Forms
Jan. 20, 2015
Jan. 20, 2015
Turn All Paperwork in Here
Jan. 23, 2015
Feb. 20, 2015


*** Special Note: Students seeking DOUBLE DEGREES will need to submit all graduation forms for both degrees, plus the "Petition for Double Degrees" form in the Drahmann Center before turning them in to the Registrar's office. Pandora will contact you once they are completed to pick them up.

What Forms do I need if I'm Getting ...

Pre-Graduation Evaluation Form
Degree Petition
Double Degree Form

Single Major


Multiple Major

Y (one for each major)

Multiple Major Seeking Double Degrees

Y (one for Each major)
Y  (one for each degree)

*** To obtain a Double Degree you must have completed all requirements for both degrees and have at least 88 units over the degree requirements for one degree (263 units for a Political Science double degree).

Missing Requirements:

The University Registrar will review your coursework and ensure that you have met all academic requirements for graduation.  If you are missing requirements, the Registrar will request that you return to SCU to complete your degree. This may include but is not limited to coursework you may drop after the graduation paperwork has been submitted.

Participation in Commencement Ceremony

If you plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony in June you must fill out and return the Undergraduate Response Form, which will be mailed to you by the Commencement Office, OR complete the form online at

If you are not graduating in the spring quarter, you may still petition to walk in the Commencement ceremony if at the end of the spring quarter, you need ten or fewer units to complete your degree requirements, and you need no more than two classes to satisfy graduation requirements. Petition forms are available in the registrar's office.

Lastly, Congratulations on your achievement!