- The Catechetics emphasis enables educators in schools (K–12) and parishes to deepen their theological knowledge and educational practice in order to better serve students and parishioners.
- Coursework focuses on the fundamentals of religious education, including the process and practice of Catechesis and Liturgical Catechesis. Students may also take electives offered through Santa Clara University’s respected School of Education and Counseling Psychology program.
The six required foundational course areas are:
The four required Catechetics core courses are:
Advanced electives include a broad range of courses, such as:
- Required of all degree-status students
- Designed to help students organize and synthesize what they have learned
- Taken after all coursework is completed or during the last quarter of enrollment
- See Comprehensive Exams for further information.
- For students who plan on pursuing doctoral studies
- A thesis does not act as a substitute for the comprehensive exam
- See Thesis Option for further information.