American Music Festival - February 11-17, 2014
Join us February 11 - 17 for a week-long music festival celebrating the rich traditions of American Music featuring the Santa Clara University Choirs, Jacqueline Schwab, Hans Boepple, Nancy Wait-Kromm, a salute to jazz featuring the SCU Jazz faculty, and an organ concert featuring variations on the Star Spangled Banner.
- Tue, 2/11, 5:30pm - Contemporary American Voices. Choral and acapella music performed by SCU student ensembles. Recital Hall.
- Wed, 2/12, Noon - Jacqueline Schwab, Music of the Civil War. Creator of the soundtrack to Ken Burns' award-winning documentary. Recital Hall.
- Thu, 2/13, 7:30pm - An Evening of Vintage Music. American music from the early days of the republic, featuring SCU faculty and friends. Recital Hall.
- Fri, 2/14, 7:30pm - For the Love of Jazz. SCU's amazing jazz faculty in concert. A rare opportunity to hear all of these great performers on one stage. Recital Hall.
- Sun, 2/16, 2:00pm - American Pipes: Organ Music of Our Nation. The Mission Churh will be filled with the sound of the church organ.
Major in Music
The Bachelor of Arts in Music can provide preparation for many career options. Classes providing essential skills for the comprehension and performance of music are offered alongside courses designed to create an appreciation for music's changing role in our communities.
For more information about the department or upcoming events, please contact the Music Department office at (408) 554-4428 or by email.