Santa Clara University's Department of Art & Art History is seeking an Office Assistant capable of performing a variety of administrative duties and departmental support. If you are a current SCU undergraduate work study student with a major or minor in Art or Art History and have at least two years remaining at SCU, this is the job for you!
Salary: $10 / hour. Must be able to work one hour at lunch and/or in the afternoon to cover the front desk.
Essential Duties: Greet walk-in visitors, answer telephone, and provide administrative support to the faculty and staff in the department.
1) Provide front desk backup support.
2) Provide administrative support to the administrative assistant, department chair and faculty.
3) Assist with reorganization of department files, create file folders and labels.
4) Distribute mail to faculty and staff boxes.
5) Copying for faculty and staff.
6) Delivery of confidential documents to the other campus departments.
7) Miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Must be a current SCU undergraduate work study student.
Must have at least two years remaining as an SCU student.
Some experience in an office setting.
Knowledgeable with general office procedures.
Knowledgeable with MS Word and Excel.
Knowledgeable with surfing the internet.
Reliable and dependable.
To apply: Please send an email to Mitch Grieb at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest and attach your resume. Only qualified students need apply. This position will be posted until filled.