An accomplishment statement highlights a successful experience you have had in your work or volunteer activities. It shows you can take action and have a positive impact. Be sure to include 3-4 of your most impressive accomplishments for experiences that are most relevant to the position you are applying to.
Writing an Effective Accomplishment Statement
Use the CAR approach to build your statements. View the Action Verb List to help you.
Accomplishment Statement Examples
- Spearheaded publicity through active use of Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn groups.
- Completed an original research project that resulted in a report and presentation to research scientists.
- Accurately entered confidential patient data.
- Wrote movie, theater, and restaurant reviews for the weekly student-run newspaper with a circulation of 6,000+ readers.
- Designed a homepage and electronic mail distribution list to make information on upcoming events more accessible; efforts resulted in a 20% increase in member participation at club events.
- Managed retail outlet and increased sales volume by 10% in the first six months through promotions and display reorganizations.
- Began as Sales Associate and was promoted to Assistant Manager after five months.
- Collaborate with on-campus organizations to educate the campus community about social justice issues.