An accomplishment statement highlights a successful experience you have had in your work or volunteer activities. It shows you can take action and have a positive impact.
Writing an Effective Accomplishment Statement
Use the CAR approach to build your statements. View the Action Verb List to help you.
Accomplishment Statement Examples
- Spearheaded publicity through active use of Social Media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn groups.
- Completed an original research project that resulted in a report and presentation to research scientists.
- Accurately entered confidential patient data.
- Wrote movie, theater, and restaurant reviews for the weekly student-run newspaper with a circulation of 6,000+ readers.
- Designed a homepage and electronic mail distribution list to make information on upcoming events more accessible; efforts resulted in a 20% increase in member participation at club events.