Interview Follow up
- A thank-you letter is essential after an interview. Write and mail the letter the same day of your interview or meeting.
- Keep your letter brief and personalized.
- Express your appreciation for the time and consideration given to you by the interviewer.
- Emphasize significant information that might not have been shared during the interview. Restate ideas or examples you shared in the interview that were well received. This helps the interviewer remember you.
- Check grammar and spelling. Your letter is additional evidence of your communication and writing ability.
- Reiterate your interest in the position! Tell them specifically what impressed you about the position and organization.
- Sample Thank-you Letter - Interview Follow up (PDF)
- Listen to the Art of Saying 'Thank You' (WMV)
Informational Interview Follow up
Email or handwritten?
We strongly suggest sending the note via e-mail, to ensure it reaches the employer quickly. It is acceptable to send an email and also follow it up with a handwritten note on a simple card, or a printed note, hand-signed, on good quality paper.