Career Center Connect
By: Courtney Budziak, Employer Relations
In support of the University’s strategic plan to engage with Silicon Valley, we cultivate and maintain strong relationships with employers to encourage recruitment and to educate the campus community about industry and hiring trends. Here’s a sneak peek into what we’re up to...
Fall Career Fair
More than 150 employers came to Santa Clara University to recruit our students for jobs and internships! Even Bucky Bronco made an appearance and delivered his elevator pitch to employers. Here are some quick stats.
- With over 150 employers, the fall fair is our largest career fair of the year. Employer highlights included Accenture, Bain & Company, Intuitive Surgical, CA Native Garden Foundation, Cinequest, FleishmanHillard, Japan Exchange and Teaching Program, Teach for America, Yahoo, and Central CA Alliance for Health.
- 60% of the employers recruited ALL majors.
- 1,000 students showed up
- 25% of the employers represented nonprofit and government
- Check out our calendar of upcoming Career Fairs
On-Campus Interviewing Program
Fall is the biggest recruiting season of the year and is in full-swing right now! 68% of employers recruit in the fall for full-time jobs after graduation (National Association of Colleges and Employers. Job Outlook 2013). Our On-Campus Interviewing program provides students the opportunity to apply for jobs and internships and be interviewed on-campus by our employers. This fall 57 employers are participating in OCI. Employers include Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Gap, HP, Symantec, Macy’s, Texas Instruments, and many more recruiting for ALL majors.
Advising Your Students on Green Careers
Wednesday, October 16, 3:30-5:00, Parlor A, Benson
About the Presenter: Green career expert, Carol McClelland, PhD, is author of the award-winning book, Green Careers For Dummies and Executive Director of Green Career Central. 60 minute presentation for faculty and staff followed by Q&A.
- Learn about emerging career trends in the green economy
- Discover the factors that shape the movement to greener, more sustainable solutions
- Understand what a green job is and what it is not
- Determine which industries are most likely to have green jobs
- Discover four strategies to help your students identify their green career