- SCU Business Home
- About LSB
- Exec Education
- News & Events
- Business for Undergraduates
- Special Programs & Certificates
- Global Opportunities
- Career Services
- Student Life
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Internal Transfer Application Process 2015
|For Students in 2009 and later Core
|Critical Thinking and Writing 1 and 2
|MATH 30 and 31 or MATH 11 and 12
|Cultures and Ideas 1 and 2
|2nd language (Required to 2nd course for business students – e.g. SPAN 2)
|ECON 1 (social science)
|PHIL 6 (ethics)
|Three Religion, Theology and Culture courses
Students may also attend the first class session of BUSN 70. If there are spaces available after all business students are enrolled, they may receive a permission number to add the class during the first week of classes.
Students may also want to consider a business minor, and may wish to review the requirements for the available business-related minors(A&S, ECON, Entrepreneurship, International Business, MIS, Retail Studies). However, students should not pick up a minor simply to be allowed to enroll in restricted business classes. Students should only declare a minor which they intend to complete even if they do not get accepted in the school as a major.
In order to apply, students must:
- Have a minimum SCU cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Complete and submit a Leavey School of Business internal transfer application by the deadline of Wednesday, April 1st 2015. The application URL is listed below.
- As part of the application process, complete and submit a 2 page written statement regarding your personal and professional goals.
- Have completed a minimum of 2 quarters of full-time enrollment (12 units per quarter) in residence at time of application (Only one quarter is required for external transfer students).
- SAT and/ or ACT scores will be accessed from the Undergraduate Admissions Office and reviewed as part of the selection process.
To provide additional information on the application process, we will hold three general information sessions. A list of the information sessions is below.
It is also important to understand the following regarding the process:
- Students at any level of undergraduate study may apply (Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, Senior).
- Class status (Freshmen, Sophomore, etc) is determined by quarters not by units.
- No specific coursework is required.
- Internal transfer students may find that additional quarter(s) of study beyond four years may be needed to complete their course of study due to later entry into the Leavey School of Business.
- Students may apply once per year.
- Some students not admitted through the internal transfer process may be waitlisted until the start of the next academic year.
- Information and decisions regarding the process will be communicated by Gmail email.
- All decisions regarding internal transfers are final.
We look forward to receiving your application and appreciate your interest in the Leavey School of Business.Sincerely,
Leavey School of Business
General Information Sessions:
Dates times and locations TBD
* If you are unable to attend one of the General Information Sessions, you may stop by the Undergraduate Business Programs Office (Lucas Hall 115) for additional information.
For more information on the Leavey School of Business Internal Transfer application process, contact the Undergraduate Business Programs Office in Lucas Hall
(Deloitte Suite 115); phone: 408-554-4791; email UGBPrograms@scu.edu.