|General Business Minor (This minor is currently unavailable to students who did not declare the general business minor by April 15, 2008.) |
A general business minor is available for students who choose to major in liberal arts, engineering, social sciences, or natural sciences. The courses required for this minor introduce the student to all of the key functional areas of business.
Lower Division Courses:
- BUSN 70 (Contemporary American Business) This course is for freshmen and sophomores. Take BUSN 170 if you've completed 88 or more units.
- MATH 11 and 12 OR MATH 30 and 31 (Calculus)
- MGMT 80 (Global and Cultural Environment of Business)
- Also satisfied with ECON 180 (no longer offered as of Fall 05)
- Three course sequence in Principles of Economics. Due to changes in Econ courses this sequence will be satisfied with one of the following sequences:
- ECON 11, 12 and 13
- ECON 11, 2 and 3
- ECON 11, 12 and 2
- ECON 11, 13 and 3
- ECON 13, 1 and 3
- ECON 1, 2 and 3
- MATH 8, PSYC 40, OMIS 40, OR AMTH 108 (Statistics)
- ACTG 11 and 12
Upper Division Courses:
- BUSN 170 (Contemporary Business for Non-majors) - This course is for juniors or seniors. Take BUSN 70 if you have completed less than 88 units.
- FNCE 121 (Financial Management)
- MGMT 160 (Organization and Management)
- MKTG 181 (Principles of Marketing)