Celebrating Graduation : Graduate Business Gala FAQs
- What is the difference between the GBP Commencement Gala (before the Ceremony) and the SCU Commencement Reception (after the Ceremony)?
The GBP Commencement Gala is specifically for graduating Graduate Business School students and their guests. The GBP Gala provides an opportunity to mingle with your classmates and offers: an extensive buffet dinner, drinks, dessert, photo booths, and a commemorative gift for graduates!
The SCU Commencement Reception, following the Ceremony, is for ALL graduating Graduate Program students and their guests. This reception is FREE for everybody and it is a simple cheese and fruit reception. An RSVP isn’t required for this one.
- What is the cost of the GBP Commencement Gala?
This event is FREE for graduating GBP students. The costs for guests are $40 (adults); $15 (Children under age 12).
- What are the payment options for the GBP Commencement Gala?
Cash, check, and credit cards (Discover, Mastercard, Visa) are accepted payment methods. Cash and check payments must be submitted via mail or in person to the GBP Office (Lucas Hall, Suite 116).
- Do I need to RSVP for the GBP Commencement Gala?
Since the GBP Commencement Gala is an assigned seating event that attracts a large crowd, RSVPs and advance payment are required - be on the lookout for the invitation which is sent to the address listed on your graduation petition (unless the address is out of state or out of the country, in which case we default to the preferred mailing address).
- Do I need to RSVP for the GBP Commencement Gala if I am attending alone?
Yes, even though entry is FREE, you must RSVP so we can include you in our attendance count and assign you to a table. If you plan on attending this event by yourself, please RSVP by completing a form in the GBP Office (Lucas Hall, Suite 116).
- Should I RSVP early for the GBP Commencement Gala?
Yes, this event is in demand and space is limited. The GBP Commencement Gala is the biggest graduate celebration on campus and it always sells out.
- How many guests can I bring to the GBP Commencement Gala?
We can accommodate up to 10 guests (TOTAL) per student. This count includes children.
- Are highchairs provided at the GBP Commencement Gala for young children?
No, highchairs are not provided by the University. Please come prepared with a stroller or other device that would seat the child comfortably and safely.
- Can I sit near my friends at the GBP Commencement Gala?
This event has assigned seating at tables that accommodate 8-10 people. If you and your friend would like your parties next to each other, each of you must note this on your RSVPs and submit them on the same day. We do our best to accommodate your requests but we cannot guarantee seating at the same tables.
- How do I RSVP to the GBP Commencement Gala?
A link to the online RSVP is circulated closer to the event date. RSVP forms will also be available in the GBP Office (Lucas Hall, Suite 116); payment is required by check or cash when the form is submitted.
- Where do I get my tickets for the GBP Commencement Gala?
All ticket packets will be available for pick up in the GBP Office (Lucas Hall, Suite 116) on June 6the. A photo ID is required. Ticket packets that are not picked up by June 9th will be available at the event’s Will Call booth in the Malley Fitness Center. Tickets can also be collected at the June 8th End of the Quarter Party, 7:00-10:00 PM.
- Who do I contact if my guests have a disability and require reasonable accommodation?
For the GBP Commencement Gala, please include this information in your RSVP in the designated space.
- Where can I find more information?
Please read through this website or e-mail GBPstudentlife@scu.edu.