A Unique Experiential Learning Opportunity
The BRIDGES Experiential Learning Program is a unique opportunity for both working professional and full-time Santa Clara University MBA candidates to further enhance their skills and real world experience through experiential learning projects.
Matched with a Silicon Valley company or nonprofit organization, students will be tasked to solve a specific business challenge over the course of the summer using the skills acquired through their MBA education. Average expected commitment is 50 hours per student.
Benefits of Participating on a Bridges Project
- Apply newly acquired MBA skills in a real-world business project and gain mentorship from your Project Lead Mentor.
- Develop new relationships and broaden your network with fellow students and Bridges contacts.
- Build your resume with a robust summer project
BRIDGES Experiential Project Details
• Projects last approximately 8 weeks during the summer, typically starting in mid-June and concluding in late August.
• You may apply with one or two other members. If you are applying alone, we will put groups together based on interest areas.
• Project commitment will be between 80-200 team hours throughout the project, dependent on the size of the team. Average expected commitment is 50 hours per student.
• Interest areas include Business Development, Business Analysis, Market Research, Marketing, Operations, and Strategic Planning.
• To be considered for the BRIDGES Program, you need to have completed the following classes: Finance 2452, and Marketing 3552.
• A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required to participate.
• No academic credit is earned for participation.
• You must be enrolled in the spring quarter and a continuing student past June 2015.
• Note to International Students: If you are doing an internship using your CPT, you are not eligible to do a Bridges project.
How to Apply
- Click here to download an application form.
- Submit your forms to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Friday May 15, 2015.
- Submit your resume with your application form.
- Once your application has been submitted, a project review team from the GBP staff will review it. Consideration will be given to match you with a project that matches your functional interest, but we cannot guarantee it. You will be notified no later than May 22 if you have been selected to participate.
- You will be required to attend a Bridges Student Orientation on May 26 or May 28.
- If you have been selected, you will be sent contact information of the employer you will be working with, along with the project specifics. You and the organization will set-up the kick-off meeting and determine how the work will be distributed throughout the project.
- Projects will kick off after finals in mid-June.
Sample Bridges Projectts
To give you an idea of a Bridges project, here are some sample projects from summer 2014.
- Work alongside seasoned VCs to research market applications in the growing area of IoT technologies
- Analyze options for paid marketing campaigns for a video start-up company
- Identify content and use case to drive user engagement for a mobile app
- Marketing project to evaluate a brand ambassador program for a mobile app
- Study customer data and make qualitative and quantitativerecommendations on how to improve the ease of doing business with a cloud company
- Analyze brand awareness of a well-established nonprofit, benchmark it and determine where gaps exist
- Pricing Model Development of a startup which is addressing the growing movement of applications moving to Clouds