On Friday, September 10th, the Food and Agribusiness Institute is pleased to once again sponsor and host the 3rd Annual Hunger Issues Forum in collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank.
The event is free; space is limited. Register to attend online:
This year, the featured speakers include:
- Congressman Mike Honda, CA-15
- Dr. Drew Starbird, Dean, Leavey School of Business
- Sue Foerster, MPH, RD, California Department of Public Health
- Crystal FitzSimons, Food Research and Action Center (FRAC)
- Dr. Gregory Baker, Food & Agribusiness Institute
- Dr. Daniel Delgado, MD, Pediatric Healthy Lifestyles Center of Santa Clara County
- Dr. Aimee Reedy, EdD, MPH, The Health Trust
- Kathryn Boyle, Kaiser Permanente
- Cindy McCown, Second Harvest Food Bank
Read brief bios for the speakers online:
An optional Hunger Advocacy Training, facilitated by Nancy Amidei, Civic Engagement Project, will directly follow the Forum for which participants must also register if interested.
During the lunch hour, participants will have the opportunity to view images from the Faces of Hunger photojournalism project. View select photographs from the project online: http://www.scu.edu/business/fai/research/
The Faces of Hunger Project is a collaborative photojournalism project between the Food and Agribusiness Institute of Santa Clara University and Second Harvest Food Bank. Through the portraits and stories collected at 15 of the more than 830 distribution sites, the project provides a glimpse of the complex and multi-faceted food environment in which the clients, volunteers, and staff navigate. The purpose of the project is to highlight Second Harvest's impact on the individuals served and the overall impact on our communities.
Over 1700 photographs were taken during the summer of 2010. Select images from the project will be on display during the annual Hunger Issues Forum. In November, a book including images and stories from the project will be available through the Second Harvest Food Bank.