The CIE offers those enrolled in the Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Program the opportunity to apply new entrepreneurial skills in emerging Silicon Valley startups. A variety of paid and unpaid internships are available throughout the year.
In addition, undergraduate students enrolled in the BUSN 145 Entrepreneurship Practicum course have the opportunity to intern for a quarter at both emerging and established startups. This 2-unit course is available in Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters. Undergraduate students pursuing a Minor in Entrepreneurship will also have an opportunity for a startup internship through MGMT 198E Internship in Entrepreneurship. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIE Internship Opportunities
View all items «
Mountain Winery Seeks Venue Marketing & Event Planning Intern (Course Credit Required)
Monday, Apr. 14, 2014
The Mountain Winery SeeksVenue Marketing and Event Planning Intern
The Mountain Winery
14831 Pierce Road
Saratoga, CA 85070
Job Summary: Interns will participate in marketing all of our lines of business including Concert Dining, Winery Events,
Corporate Events, Social Events, Wine Tasting and Retail Wine Sales, and Season Tickets through several
initiatives. Students will gain a working knowledge of steps necessary to plan and execute a public/ticketed
event at The Mountain Winery. Marketing Interns routinely interact with Department Directors on site, as well
as guests/clients and vendors. Student Interns will have the opportunity to volunteer for other departments in
order to get an all encompassing understanding of how our business operates.
Interns must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
- Create and edit Event Collateral such as: Flyers, Handbills, Menus, Coupons, Save the Dates, Signage etc. using Adobe Illustrator
- Market Winery events on social media platforms, through email blasts, create an event detail page on our website and promote online through google adwords and online event listings.
- Create and edit event planning paperwork including Banquet Event Orders and Floor Plans.
- Assist the Day-Of-Coordinator on Concert Nights and at Winery Holiday Events
- Learn the basics of branding, search engine optimization, drafting press releases and best practices for CRM
- Achieve proficiency in Industry Specific Programs such as Caterease and MS Visio
- Gain a higher level of comfort with MS Excel
- Comfortably answer questions about events, history, concerts, food and beverage as they relate to The Mountain Winery
- Suggest, Execute and Implement systems to help our Organization run more smoothly
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
Must be enrolled in an academic program that provides credit for a predetermined number of
hours spent as an intern
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to speak read and write in English.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages).
- Must wear appropriate, business casual/professional attire.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook) and Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
Contact: Katelyn Studebaker, Director of Marketing, email@example.com
Application Form Availability Job Description/Additional Details