Boutique Air Seeks Software Engineer
We are a rapidly growing, seed-funded stealth mode SF startup that is using large scale data analysis to revolutionize an inefficient segment of the travel industry. We are actively seeking a Research Engineer to invent, design, and develop an innovative suite of analytical tools and algorithms that will drive our most critical business decisions.
This position is best suited for someone who has the natural curiosity to ask probing questions, the creativity to research new approaches, and the drive to implement their ideas from end-to-end. You should also be comfortable with the fast pace of a start-up environment and working alongside a small group of young, smart, and ambitious peers.
If you are interested in cracking thorny, complex problems with novel ideas, and building a daring company, we would love to hear from you.
- Bachelors in CS, Math, Physics, or Engineering.
- Advanced quantitative skill-set. Statistical analysis experience necessary.
- Strong project (and product) management skills. You must be able to relay complex information to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Computing background with experience in C and at least one of the following:
- LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP or Python)
- Previous experience in a start-up environment or at a well-known technology company
- Knowledge of Perl, Python, and/or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores like Riak/Hadoop/CouchDB etc., a plus
- Machine Learning/AI programming a plus.